La Chouffe Lands In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Spotted the little gnomic la Chouffe far from home yesterday, at East End Cellars off Rundle St.

Yet to put it to the wee stu road test, but at $17 for a 750ml chapagne like bottle, I think it might be just the way to celebrate Oz day 2006 :)

Someday maybe the Caledonian cousin, Mc Chouffe, may even get so seriously lost. I can dream......

chouffe.gif

Someday maybe the Caledonian cousin, Mc Chouffe, may even get so seriously lost. I can dream......
Odd. You don't see one without the other in Melbourne. I'm pretty sure it's same importer so you could probably just ask them to get you some in.

Love that beer. Great to see it is in Adelaide. But $17/bottle????
If you are buying more than one it is cheaper to freight it in from interstate. Maybe they will realise that and drop the price to something more reasonable.

Reckon. I pay around $11 tops for a bottle. What took it so long to hit SA? Been here for a few years. :p

Great drop though. Ditto for the McChouffe too.

Warren -

Around here is about $15 but I guess that drinking one bottle has a similar effect to downing a six pack of mega swill premium (except it tastes good) :)

What took it so long to hit SA? :p

Warren -

Don't know, but it seems to be going through some double handling. Bottlo is getting it through a local (SA) importer, but he is sourcing it from a WA mob. That's three slices of profit pie contributing to the cost.

The particular bottlo in question is neither known for its beer selection, nor its budget pricing :(

Yep Warren, about $11-13/bottle is the going rate.

Drinking a bottle of this right now, found it at the Freo Doctor for around $12.

Tastes eerily similar to a saison I brewed a year or so ago but is sweeter and has a slight licorice flavour. Also pours murky as hell.

Stunning beer though.

Latest posts

Back