Knackered Fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubes

Reaction score
Got a plastic 30L fermenter. The tap no longer makes a reliable seal - it comes loose occasionally and leaks a bit. Though I haven't ever lost a brew I am starting to worry. Basically I think I stripped the thread overtightening. It has given nearly three years of sterling service.

I know that I should really chuck it out but this one has sentimental value - my first ever homebrew purchase - and I feel a little attached :wub: sniff sniff

Is there any hope? Different taps make no difference and I have never tried teflon tape. Yes I know I should just chuck it but she's my baby!

well plumbers tap and silcon on the outside but with mine i sealed it up and us it as grain storage container

Great Idea Jazzman for old fermenters.

I've got 4 or 5 old fermenters providing sterling service as grain stores - it's like putting a favourite horse out to pasture (well not really but there you go) - your old horse mightn't be able to haul the brewery cart anymore but you'd never send them to the knacker's yard.

cheers
reg

Latest posts

Back