Kitchen Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seemax

Reaction score
My wife just turned 30th and for years has been asking for a mixer (think Kitchen Aid style) for her cakes, biscuits,etc and more importantly for my bread and pizza making :)

Anyway, based on price and Choice reviews I ended up getting her a Breville Whiz Pro something or rather and it was packaged with kitchen scales... could be handy I thought.

BSK500_lg.jpg

http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=444

They turned out to be quite impressive.. up to 5kg, with a claimed accuracy of 1g... sceptical me tested it with various known weights and its spot on. The best bit is a thermometer with a long stainless steel probe, perfect for measuring strike water and mash temps... plus it even has a temp warning alarm! Also tested against my calibrated old digital thermometer, spot on! Now I can weigh grain and hops with precision along with temps using the same device!

You`ve kicked a goal there.
I don`t care what the knockers say, wives are good for a lot of things.

staga.

{edit }stagga.

fark mow I can`t even spell my username. It`s these $2 red cleanskins from 1st choice. :(

I used to live just on the edge of East Bentley, near to the Jasper Road / Bentley Road intersection. Good delicatessens there. SWMBO must love them which is great. Just so you don't have to ask her to borrow them, you could try what I did.

For digital scales, I ordered some for brewing use direct from dealextreme.com web page.

Since it is going to have the made in china sticker on the bottom of it anyway I might as well buy it direct and save a bundle.

Good chance for you to pick up some on the cheap dedicated scales for just brewing.

I got this one for 1 gram resolution up to 3KG
sku_2563_1.jpg

I also got this one for 0.1 gram resolution up to 1KG
sku_15004_1.jpg

I won't post the prices which include all the shipping costs already to get it to Oz, but it cuts the middle men up to and including companies like Breville out so you can get a good idea what they are paying for the ones they get with their name printed on them. :)

PS. In my case, forget SWMBO, I want a nice Kitchen Aid mixer :p I'm the bread nutter and cake maker. Love SWMBO to death but try not to tell her the sponges are hard and rubbery :)

I have a Kitchen aid and it fair dinkum rocks! And it is mine not the wifes. Also got the mincer adapter and getting the sausage maker.

Oh and nice looking scales. Mine go at 2gram intervals which is fine by me. My recipes are always measured in even numbers.

My wife just turned 30th and for years has been asking for a mixer (think Kitchen Aid style) for her cakes, biscuits,etc and more importantly for my bread and pizza making :)

Anyway, based on price and Choice reviews I ended up getting her a Breville Whiz Pro something or rather and it was packaged with kitchen scales... could be handy I thought.

View attachment 26742

http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=444

After seeing these, I had to go check it out. I needed scales and a temp probe so this has been a winner.
found a Breville factory second shop around the corner from work and they had them for 39 dollars. massive price reduction.

Thanks for the headsup, I think it is gonna be a great brewery addition.
Josh

post a link to this breville pro thing. my missus has hassled me for a while now for one.

Latest posts

Back