• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo

Reaction score
50L Decommissioned kegs for sale.

Brisbane area.

$50 each, good condition

From the description in the body of the message they look like 50 Litre kegs....

sap.

If I'm correct decommisioned kegs get crushed at the scrap yard.
True?

Breweries dont sell kegs off. Which brewery name is stamped on the chime?

Breweries dont sell kegs off. Which brewery name is stamped on the chime?

They were not purchased from a brewery, but from a scrap dealer.

Please do not post if you are not interested in purchasing :beer:

Thank you

Thank you
I'd be interested in purchasing if you can confirm that they are legally procured.

Just cause you got them from a scrap dealer doesn't make them any more legit. As someone that helped run a family owned scrap dealership for 15 years... Scrappies are not pillars of society.

Thank you

I am not interested in purchasing.

Thanks

JD

i have purchased items(eg. engines) of the same dealer before and have had never had any problems. i asked him where they were from and what he was goin to do with them and he said he bought them from a brewhouse down the coast and he was goin to crush them for scrap.

i have purchased items(eg. engines) of the same dealer before and have had never had any problems. i asked him where they were from and what he was goin to do with them and he said he bought them from a brewhouse down the coast and he was goin to crush them for scrap.

That's cool mate... just suggesting that people will be a little trepidatious when dealing with potential illegal items. I reckon a photo or 2 will help to dispel anxiety and aid in your selling. Basically if it is marked with a big name brewery i'd suggest stay away from them, because they DON'T sell their old kegs. Throw a photo up... best way to put the issue to bed.

What do the large breweries do with there kegs??

Drill holes in them so they can't be used and sell them for scrap.

As far asI know the breweries sell or give them to the scrap metal merchants in trust that they are going to be crushed not sold on the black market.

these ones have the valve in the top removed and were goin to be crushed. the have some company on them, not tooheys or castlemaine though.

on the microbrewery site they have been advertising used kegs from different sources over the last couple of weeks for sale. So I gather everything isn't all about shady deals when talking selling kegs

Anyone suggest a source of kegs in Melb? Sorry to OT OP but its kinda gone this way...

From the description in the body of the message they look like 50 Litre kegs....

sap.

Yeah the OP edited his thread after I asked the question so it now says in the description. ;)

From working at a scrap metal recycling business I know that the breweries have specifically sent out notices to scrap yards not to pay for kegs that have the brewery's name stamped on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back