Kegging - Stuck Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealeous

Beer Warrior
Reaction score
I recall one time accidentally either putting the gas supply line onto the outlet side, or the beer line on the gas in side of the keg and getting it stuck - I mean really stuck.

Can't recall which way around it was. One side is obviously bigger than the other. Can someone enlighten me.

edit - clarification

Have you removed the posts and put them back on the correct tubes? If so its an easy check - long dip tube is the beer out.

I recall a thread a while back mentioning a hammer being taken to a disconnect as it was stuck on firmly when getting them mixed up.

I have always made sure I keep them on the correct post - only ever take one off at a time to clean, etc.

Have you removed the posts and put them back on the correct tubes? If so its an easy check - long dip tube is the beer out.
The posts are correct.

What I mean is that one time I think I put the gas line (white disconnect) onto the beer out side of the keg and got it stuck. Although I can't recall - it was a while back - I might have put my beer tap line (black disconnect) into the 'gas in' side of the keg... either way it was bloody hard to get it off.

The reason I am asking is that if one side is bigger (eg the black disconnect), then in theory I should be able to use it on either the beer out or gas in side. However, i don't really want to risk doing it if it means it might get stuck again :eek:

The reason I am asking is that if one side is bigger (eg the black disconnect), then in theory I should be able to use it on either the beer out or gas in side. However, i don't really want to risk doing it if it means it might get stuck again :eek:

You can force either disconnect onto the wrong post but as per previous experience it will most likely get stuck again - use the correct disconnect for the post.

Cheers Ross

The gas disconnect (grey) fits on either post.

The beer disconnect (black) will get stuck if you put it on the gas in post.

So the beer out post and the black disconnect are obviously a tad smaller than their gas counterparts.

Back