Kegging Carbonation Problems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI guys,

First post, great forum.

I have just set up my kegging system. All was going great until I tried to carbonate the keg.

I tried this method:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;hl=carbonating

After disconnecting the gas and rocking, I couldn't get the pressure on the regulator to reduce at all (step 6), and it stayed on 300.

I tried reducing the pressure on the regulator, but I have got a small ammount of beer down the gas line and into my regulator. It all happened very quickly.

I have immediately disconnected the gas line from the regulator, and blown out some gas out of the unconnected regulator to try and clear it.

I will clean my gas line.

Any other advice?

Beer is perfectly carbonated, btw.

TEM,

It takes a little while (10 sec maybe) of rocking to get the pressure to start reducing. This is because the regulator is still getting rid of the extreme high pressure in the space between your cylinder and the actual reg. You should hear bubbling into the beer at this stage, and if you have a dual gauge reg, you'll see the high pressure gauge drop. Then the low pressure gauge (the one you set) will decrease over the next 30 or so seconds.

Then again, if you were still rocking for a minute and the gauge didn't move, then I dunno :huh: Doesn't sound like you've overgassed the keg, so enjoy, and try again next time! :beer:

I got a fair bit of beer in my regulator when i was learning, i always used the PRV to try to get it out tho. I eventually pulled my reg apart to clean and found i didn't even have to bother. You should be fine.

T E M
please clean out the regulator as well mate cause beer can bugger them.
it stuffs the diafram and neo seal. I have done the same thing my self and my micromatic was playing up after that.untill i stripped it cleaned it and smeared it with vegetable oil.

there easy to do mate thats what ANDALE told me to do.

delboy

Also - get yourself a one way gas valve - will stop any liquid that gets into the gas line from getting into your reg.

Back