Kegerator pouring issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so Keg king have told me their standard line length and pressures; so for 5mm line they recommend 3.5m of line at a pressure of around 12-13 PSI (70-80kPa).

I now have a 2nd beer ready and in a keg which I am carbing a lot slower, while still slightly under-carbed (flatish) it poured perfectly last night after 4 days. the other keg is still not. This leads me to believe:

1. I have some form of blockage in the "barb" of the tap (its the only thing I cant clean properly)
2. The beer I made has quite a bit of malt and in general is a very "heady" beer (not sure it is a problem)
3. I have misunderstood the symptoms of overcarbing and as suggested by most people the beer is infact over-carbed.

I will work on those 3 and reportback!

I'd like to thank everyone for their help so far, this forum is a great place to find assistance!!

I think you'll find a pouring pressure between 80-90kpa is what you'll need to keep that gas in solution.
Don't forget the temperature difference between your actual beer temp & the temp exiting the tap.
Fonts are a little notorious for foaming issues, especially your first pour of the night.

A massive thank you to everyone who posted on this thread, a Combination of the following has resolved the issue:

New shank
Increased serving pressure to 70kpa and let it stabilize over a week and burped the keg.

Next pour was a clean pour with no foaming!! You are all legends!

Hi guys I've had the 4mm line delivered and there is only recommendations on 5mm here. Can anyone give me advice on what length of 4mm to use. My usual pouring pressure is 12psi (82kpa) Thanks

As above 3.5 metres was recommended for 5mm and apparently that’s working ok. Your 4mm line offers more resistance and therefore doesn’t need to be that long. IMO I’d start with 3 meters and if you use a press fit connection to your beer disconnect then having to shorten the length until happy with pour will be easier than a clamp.
Ps With each test I’d try your 12psi and then 10.

Latest posts

Back