Kegerator, How Does This Sound

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiro

Reaction score
Just had a patient in this morning. He wants to get rid of his 2 keg kegmate kegerator. For the kegerator, 4 morgans kegs and other bits and pieces he wants $500. Sounds ok, what do you think, is this a fair price?

Never heard much about morgans kegs. He said he paid $120 each for them. Are they ok? I most hear about corny kegs here. Also mentioned he has an english ceramic tap tap to go with it. I was going to get a kegerator in the future but was definitely looking at a 3 keg one.

Decisions, decisions.

It probably holds two of those kegs which could mean 3 cornies. Bargain.

It probably holds two of those kegs which could mean 3 cornies. Bargain.

You maybe right. I just rang him and he said the model number is BF 163 (Kegmate) Maybe like this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beer-Keg-Cooler...4#ht_500wt_1360

After looking at this site http://www.kegking.com.au/keg%20fridges.html I asked him did it have a flat or curved door he said flat. I also asked did it have a digital display and he said yes. So does this mean it would fit 3 corny kegs???? I'm thinking it might.

No gas bottle he rents it off BOC.

Going to try look at it next week

Sounds like a 3 keg fridge to me. The kegs he has are much wider & squatter.

cheers Ross

I have a keg fridge almost exactly like this (from Pinnacle Wholesalers). I also have 2 types of kegs - small and squat, and tall and thin. The fridge fits 3 of the tall and thin kegs, but only 2 of the short squat ones. Not that it really matters, there's only 2 taps there anyways...

The only problem with those kegs <hearsay> is that they have bad seams where the internal joints are lapped, unlike a normal corny</hearsay>

but sounds like a fair enuf price for a 3 keg kegmate, even if you do end up replacing the kegs with cornys at 50$ a pop.

The other issue that emerged with those kegs was when a mate tried to force carb with his that the concave bottom popped out (the Pressure relief valve didn't let out a peep). This issue may have been fixed.

Sounds like a 3 keg fridge to me. The kegs he has are much wider & squatter.

cheers Ross

Thanks for the reply Ross. I was hesitant to buy it if it was a 2 keg kegerator, sounds like a 3. If I get it I'll eventually be replacing the font to a 3 tap and get some cornies as I really want 3 different kegs going at once. I'll get this stuff off you when I change it over as your service has been excellent on other things I've bought from CB :)

Thanks for the other replies. I have no idea about kegging. I'll have to do some reading. I'll check it out next week to see what condition it's in.

*edit* never mind, morgans are different to the kegs in my thread, carry on nothing to see here

Back