Kegerator Build - Your Opinions Please :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo__04

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I'd post up a pic of my kegerator build. Almost finished, silly me didnt take shots as I was going.
Ready for 4 coats of 2pak, then ready for kegs, beerfont etc. Hopefully christen it this weekend.

It's made up of a pine frame around the freezer and everything else is Jarrah. Had an offcut 2pak'd today to see how it was gonna go and it looked AMAZING.

Chasing everyone's opinion :)
I'll have some more pics up when its done

Thanks in advance

IMG_0080.JPG

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post up a pic of my kegerator build. Almost finished, silly me didnt take shots as I was going.
Ready for 4 coats of 2pak, then ready for kegs, beerfont etc. Hopefully christen it this weekend.

It's made up of a pine frame around the freezer and everything else is Jarrah. Had an offcut 2pak'd today to see how it was gonna go and it looked AMAZING.

Chasing everyone's opinion :)
I'll have some more pics up when its done

Thanks in advance

Looks great mate.
What sort of font and taps have you got planned?
I hope you left a small gap around the sides, front and back of the freezer.
These surfaces are where the freezer exchanges the heat from the inside to the atmosphere.
If all surfaces are totally covered with wood (which is an insulator), the freezer would prob not work.
Hopefully you have already considered this.
If not, and you have a small gap (5 - 10 mm), you might be able to use a small fan to force air over the surfaces which will help heat exchange. Or you could just have some horizontal slits at the top and bottom of the frame to allow natural convection to get rid of the heat (still needs the gap).
Otherwise looks great. Good work.

Regards
Tim

Nice! Can't offer anything except that it looks great.
Not my area of expertise.....not sure what is, really???
Hope it works as good as it looks!

Back