Keg Transfer Made Easy...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nominate that from now on, this technique be known as "The Zwickel Method".

eg Batz has just zwickelled a beer.

I nominate that from now on, this technique be known as "The Zwickel Method".

eg Batz has just zwickelled a beer.

"The Zwickel Method".

let it be set in stone

Batz

lachen.gif

youre a bloody kidding bunch of homebrewers
14.gif

Great stuff Zwickel,

Only a fool would cut a diptube. :eek:

cheers

Darren

The keg to keg transfer Darren <_< ,not the dip tube bend

Batz

I had the need to use this method of transfer from keg to keg .

Followed the instructions Ross detailed and it worked a treat

Pumpy :)

This would be a great way to condition/lager brews, as I hate having a fermenter/cube sitting in another fridge for weeks/months conditioning/lagering. This way you can ferment in the primary then transfer to a keg and then transfer to another keg after conditioning/lagering and keep the keg in with your other kegs if u have the room that is.
great post/topic, I think I need to rest my //? key now.

Steve/Steve

This would be a great way to condition/lager brews, as I hate having a fermenter/cube sitting in another fridge for weeks/months conditioning/lagering. This way you can ferment in the primary then transfer to a keg and then transfer to another keg after conditioning/lagering and keep the keg in with your other kegs if u have the room that is.
great post/topic, I think I need to rest my //? key now.

Steve/Steve

Yep I am thinking of going that way worth getting a couple more kegs just for lagering

Yep I am thinking of going that way worth getting a couple more kegs just for lagering
Ross's ear's are burning :p

Is this Zwickel method used for transferring carbonated beer ?
yes it is. The trick is, you wont lose any CO2. After transferring, the beer is at the same CO2 level as before.

:icon_cheers:

Simply connect the 2 gas posts of the 2 kegs together, having purged the recieving keg with CO2 first - This equalises the gas.

If the beer your transferring is carbonated at say 12psi, does the receiving keg need to also be purged with 12psi of co2 first before connecting the two kegs and releasing the pressure release valve?

If the beer your transferring is carbonated at say 12psi, does the receiving keg need to also be purged with 12psi of co2 first before connecting the two kegs and releasing the pressure release valve?
yes the receiving keg needs at least the same CO2 pressure as the dispensing keg is at. You may go higher but not lower with the pressure.

yes the receiving keg needs at least the same CO2 pressure as the dispensing keg is at. You may go higher but not lower with the pressure.

Thanks Zwickel.

I take it that if the receiving keg has lower pressure, CO2 will start coming out of the the beer being transferred and cause foaming?

A few months ago I had a keg of beer that i forgot to filter and carbonated it.
i managed to run it through the filter using this process, mind you it took frigin ages. :huh:
to try and speed things up i occasionally released some pressure from the lower keg but every time i did i could see foam forming in the exit line of the filter. Once pressure had equalised again the foaming stopped.

So carbonated filtering can be done, its just a bit slow.
I wouldnt like to try it on a beer thats been dry hopped with loose pellets. :(

Sqyre... ;)

Ive used the Sqyre method (combination of Zwickel keg transferring with Pumpys gravity filtering) before and it worked great. No problems at all and it would probably run even smoother if you upped the pressure in both kegs to prevent any foaming form occuring.

Thanks Zwickel.

I take it that if the receiving keg has lower pressure, CO2 will start coming out of the the beer being transferred and cause foaming?
thats it
thats why I go slightly over the pressure the beer is stored at. That makes sure, no gas comes out of the beer, even if it warmes up a little bit within the process.

:icon_cheers:

Ive used the Sqyre method

"The Sqyre Method" consists of me walking out to the brew stand at 8am with a hangover relizing it hasn't been cleaned out since the last brew.
Then while climbing back into bed, i push Mrs Sqyre out and yelling "The Beers not gunna brew it's self!!!"
and go back to sleep... :D

Sqyre.. :p

i have tried this twice to no avail i use a 5litre garden sprayer keg which i put a piece of hose over the bronco tap with a beer disconnect on it which goes onto the keg and the gas hooks up same aswell, give the little keg a realese and beer flows but i only get a about half a litre and the flow stops.??HELP

Latest posts

Back