Keg System Prices - Does This Sound Good To You.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoodoo

Reaction score
I've decided to bite the bullet and splash out on a keg system. For $380 on offer is: 2 X 18 litre kegs, regulator, hoses, connectors and a beer gun and a 4.5 kilo co2 bottle with 12 month rental agreement with air liquid. I have not yet got a dedicated beer fridge, so at this stage am not willing to go cutting/drilling holes in my fridge. In 4-6 months I may get myself a dedicated beer fridge or freezer, then perhaps look down the tap route. Are their cheaper alternatives? If there are, are they much cheaper, since getting the whole lot at once from the one place may work out to be the better/most hassle free solution. What do you guys think? Since I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about anything to do with home brew kegging.

Cheers :)

Stoodoo said:
I've decided to bite the bullet and splash out on a keg system. For $380 on offer is: 2 X 18 litre kegs, regulator, hoses, connectors and a beer gun and a 4.5 kilo co2 bottle with 12 month rental agreement with air liquid. I have not yet got a dedicated beer fridge, so at this stage am not willing to go cutting/drilling holes in my fridge. In 4-6 months I may get myself a dedicated beer fridge or freezer, then perhaps look down the tap route. Are their cheaper alternatives? If there are, are they much cheaper, since getting the whole lot at once from the one place may work out to be the better/most hassle free solution. What do you guys think? Since I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about anything to do with home brew kegging.

[post="127106"][/post]​

OK - I sell Keg systems - so here is my price for comparison..
Soda Kegs are 80.00 ea, dual gauge reg is 80.00, pluto gun is 80.00, line and disconnects clamps etc 50.00 so that = 370.00 with no gas.
So the system sounds very good.

Stuff to get/watch out for:
Try and get the DL size gas bottle 10kg - 4.5kg is too small.
make sure the reg is dual gauge - hopefully harris or micromatic
ensure kegs and disconnects are ball locks - stay away from pin locks.
Beer gun is SS.

Happy Kegging...

Stoodoo said:

[post="127106"][/post]​
If you're willing to drive up to Castlemaine, you can take home my old , still working very well, fridge, complete with, gas line, tap & drip tray for $150 (less than the cost of tap & drip tray). Its a Westinghouse moist/cold 13

Normell

Stoodoo said:

[post="127106"][/post]​
If you're willing to drive up to Castlemaine, you can take home my old , still working very well, fridge, complete with, gas line, tap & drip tray for $150 (less than the cost of tap & drip tray).
IMGP0499.JPG
IMGP0498.JPG
IMGP0501.JPG
Its a Westinghouse moist/cold 13

Normell

normell said:
If you're willing to drive up to Castlemaine, you can take home my old , still working very well, fridge, complete with, gas line, tap & drip tray for $150 (less than the cost of tap & drip tray).
View attachment 7184
View attachment 7183
View attachment 7185
Its a Westinghouse moist/cold 13

Normell
[post="127119"][/post]​

Appreciate your generous offer, but I'm already stretching my budget a bit too much atm, with the upcoming purchase of the keg system.

GMK, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back