Keg Set Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And assuming there is a blockage, he can then await for the same blockage to come back up his dip tube and re-block his beer-out post after the gas blasted it back into his beer.

Other than that, it's a winner. :p

BF

there's no beer in there, its only water and starsan :) so if its now clear, empty it all out and your good to try again.

Mr Magoo,
If you have a non return valve fitted check that it is facing the right way.
There should be an arrow indicating the direction of flow.

Thanks for all the suggestion, when i hit the poppet valve(?) on the line out water squirts everywhere so looks like disconnect issue, the gas disconnect and beer disconnect looks identical to me so I'm hoping that they are and I'm going to head down to the local hbs to pick up another and show them the two so hopefull they might be able to tell em whats going on. Will get back with the news later this arvo

they are not identical I got my gas disconnect stuck on the beer out when I wasnt paying attention. It was a bitch to get back off again. Maybe they replaced the beer post and put a gas post on by accident. is it really hard to get the beer disconnect on and off??

mm It was at first but maybe that was because I didn't really know how to do it. Now its either, so maybe thats experience or I've warped it somehow.

seems strange maybe some one close can have a look at it or take it into the LHBS if its not to much hastle and get them to look at it. I would say try put a gas disconnect onto the beer post but if they have got the right post on you may do more damage, So id take it to get looked at first. Does the post look good?? does it have any dents or visible signs of wear or damage?

Went to the local hbs store and they checked the disconnect which does work, and it seems the problem has been with the poppet and the thing which that sits in which seemed to of lost its thread so the poppet didn't fit in properly, switched it all over with the other spare keg and iI have some success, although the beer doesn't seem to be pouring well at all, but it is in the line! So hopefully have a play round tomorrow and won't have to waste too much beer trying to fix it

So the problem was that I didn't have my quick disconnects on properly <_< Used a mallet and now everything is working perfectly, must have weak thumbs. So there ya go in the end it was a pretty stupid problem haha

P.S what size hole should I be making for my celli tap to go through the fridged, and to hold my drip tray in place do I just use a couple of nails to get it in place? thanks

So the problem was that I didn't have my quick disconnects on properly <_< Used a mallet and now everything is working perfectly, must have weak thumbs. So there ya go in the end it was a pretty stupid problem haha

P.S what size hole should I be making for my celli tap to go through the fridged, and to hold my drip tray in place do I just use a couple of nails to get it in place? thanks

I just put new cellis through a wooden collar with a 7/8 spade bit. I had to screw them in which is what I wanted. 7/8ths converted to metric = 22.225mm. Therefore, if you don't want to screw the tap in then a 25mm bit would be fine.
Regarding your drip tray.... I probably wouldn't use nails. I'll be holding mine in place with a couple of brackets siliconed to the side of the freezer. Screws would be ok if you don't mind having holes.

So the problem was that I didn't have my quick disconnects on properly

Yeah I find on one of my kegs you really have to pull the collar on the disconnect up, press it down hard, then release the collar while still pressing down and then give the collar a push too until you feel it kind of click into place.

LOL, I think that was the first thing I suggested the other night and then a couple of times after. :ph34r:
I have no problems with the posts on my kegs, but I have a steel carbonation-cap that is a bitch to get the disconnect onto, a little bit of keg-lube and lots of force are needed to get it on and off.

And there you have it.

If you find it really hard to get off
Lube your ball

locks

Latest posts

Back