Keg king temp controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indica86 said:
Hey Kegking, as the owner of one of these nicely made and easy to use controllers I have a question.
Is the product certified?
I'll try again. Is this product electrically certified?

indica86 said:
I'll try again. Is this product electrically certified?
I assumed it was as it is being sold by an Australian retailer. But we all know what assuming does.

Brew Forky said:
Just scored one of these bad boys and a fridge. I am only going to hook up my fridge at the moment because it's hot. What is the result if it goes into heating mode with nothing connected. Not going to divide by zero is it?
hehe no but there is an audible click when either source is turned on, I guess it means the socket is active. mine doubles as a hot liquor tun controller, so say the temp goes past my set 67degree mash temp for instance and stops sometimes at 69, I can hear the fridge socket click on but there is no fridge during this, I do keep it off the ground and away from the liquids as the socket must be "on" or live so yeah, wonder if there is some sort of 3 pin blank that can be put in?

droid said:
hehe no but there is an audible click when either source is turned on, I guess it means the socket is active. mine doubles as a hot liquor tun controller, so say the temp goes past my set 67degree mash temp for instance and stops sometimes at 69, I can hear the fridge socket click on but there is no fridge during this, I do keep it off the ground and away from the liquids as the socket must be "on" or live so yeah, wonder if there is some sort of 3 pin blank that can be put in?

Something like this from Bunnings $4.10 for 6 of them

Actually the flat ones may be better, $4.98 for 12 of them

yavol!

<edit> bloody got some of those suckers for the kiddlywinks rattling about in a drawer already me thinks, thanks for that!

Cheers for the replies lads. Might get a blank to be on the safe side.

Has anyone had to calibrate theirs?

I've had mine running in a chest freezer for a couple of days and I had a thermometer sat in there also and noticed the thermometer was at 18degrees but the temp control unit was displaying 19.4 so I set the calibration offset (E6) to -1.4 as the setpoint was for 18degrees.

Seems to out a fair bit or is this common?

Hey Digital Giraffe
I just got one of these from Santa and I chose to calibrate it. It appeared to be approx 1.3 off accurate.
My calibration method was the glass of icy water method but placed another 3 thermometers in as well as my fluke multimeter gauge and
adjusted it into the middle of them all. (They where only .4 deg difference between all 3).

My question is what is the operating temp of the box and can it run in temps of 40-50c if so what affects does it have on the accuracy.

Back