Keg king temp controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmuzza

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these that point main the direction of an idiots guide on how to set these things up. The instructions on the keg king site aren't particular helpful ie I don't get the high low temp limit as well as hysteresis. Don't you just pick a single temp and set the hysteresis?

I reckon you can just leave the high and low point (E1 & E2 ) at default, set the hysteresis at 1 deg or what ever and set the set point (which is not E1 or E2) to desired temp.

G'day ajmuzza,
I think that the internals of the controller has an alarm output for high/ low temps. Which is what e1 and e2 are. The default values should be fine.

I am not sure if you are asking for a description of hysteresis or not, but I will include it anyway.

If you set 18C as the set point with a 1C hysteresis (and assuming you have the 16 amp controller with cooling and heating plugged into it) the controller will start cooling when the temp probe reads 19C and will cut out at 18C, it will also start heating when the probe reads 17C and stop when it reads 18C. So it will keep your fridge at the set point +/- the hysteresis (not accounting for any temperature inertia). However the the 10 amp controller will only heat OR cool depending on what you have plugged into it.

I have one of each. The 16 amp one controls my fermenting fridge with a heat pad on the lower shelf, while the 10 amp one controls my keezer.

Regards,

Andrew.

Edited to add some additional detail.

If still having difficulties working this one out, drop me a PM and i'll call you and take you through it step by step. For most applications, you shouldn't need to set any new parameters.

Cheers,
Martin

The hysteresis setting is the one youre after, as this will control the temperature swing i.e how far above/below the preset temp the controller will let the temp go before switching circuit (cooling or heating)

If anyone else needs help setting these up I just did this myself last night. I bought my 16amp unit new from cb and it was swinging 2 degrees + & -. Just tuned it to .5 degrees with a 1 minute timer to start adjustments. Pretty straight forward, hold set down for 5 seconds and then hit select to cycle through the settings with + or - to adjust. See this pdf doc for every setting and values that can be setup.

http://www.kegking.com.au/Downloads/New%2016amp%20Temp%20Controller%20Instructions.pdf

Help!!
I am trying to hook up a keg king temp controller - I have the 16 amp model but I only have the fridge connected
I have read the instructions and the posts above
What funtion is the "set point"??
I want to set up for a 18 deg c fermentation fridge

Hold down the 'set' button until the number flashes, then use the arrow keys to adjust the temperature.

Hold down the 'set' button until the number flashes, then use the arrow keys to adjust the temperature.

Cheers Rambo

It's currently turning fridge on at 19.6 and turning fridge off at 18
How do I get it turn fridge on at 19?

change one of the settings (look at F2, f3 or f4) one will be 1.6 to 1.0

change one of the settings (look at F2, f3 or f4) one will be 1.6 to 1.0

Hi MXD
It's the keg king version and doesn't have f2 etc
I have the following settings

E1: -45c
E2: 120c
E3: 0.5c
E4: 1min
E5: 0c
C1: 0
C2: 0
P1: 120
P2: -40
P3: 0
P4: 0

That set up is similar to mine and I dont have the same problem (fluctuates around the set point). does this happen on every cycle?

from the numbers you show it should be on from setTemp +- 0.5 r you sure you have it set at 18 ? not 19

Rambo said:
That set up is similar to mine and I dont have the same problem (fluctuates around the set point). does this happen on every cycle?
I think its right now - but fridge switches off and fridge continues to drop a few more degrees - this was with a empty fridge
I am now trialling with a fermenter with 20lt of water and the probe attached to side of ferementer

I presume that the cycle needs to be controlled via a heat belt / pad??

New_guy said:
I presume that the cycle needs to be controlled via a heat belt / pad??
I haven't used a heat pad, but I'm in qld so not much need. You may need one when it gets a bit colder.

Hey guys,

We have been setting up a bunch of video to show people how to use our products on our Youtube Chanel. If you are having trouble setting up the temp controllers I think it's worth if you have a look at this video which explains the controllers in quite a lot of detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ha5gsI8Gb4

One thing that is a bit confusing in the instructions is that E1 and E1 settings on the temp controller are the boundaries at which you can set the set point. This is not actually the set point itself. So for 99% of guys using this device just set E1 to -45 and E2 to 120 and just do not use these settings unless you understand what they do. If you are still struggling after watching the video just give us a call.

Hey Kegking, as the owner of one of these nicely made and easy to use controllers I have a question.
Is the product certified?

Just scored one of these bad boys and a fridge. I am only going to hook up my fridge at the moment because it's hot. What is the result if it goes into heating mode with nothing connected. Not going to divide by zero is it?

Back