Keg King Pluto Gun Seals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enookway

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with Pluto Gun seals
I have had brief search through the forum before asking what has probably been asked before.

I have a Keg King Pluto gun with a leak out the rear end. I bought the gun and Cornelius kegs second hand so not sure of age but it would be at least 5 years old.

The guts of the gun look like this. The seal thats leaking is the one to the left of the spring.

2016-01-11%2018.14.31_zpse9dmbins.jpg

The two seals removed look like this (the white ones). They are slightly different sizes. The black one on the left is one I bought through a brewing shop which will fit the gun tip but not the shaft.

Pluto%20Gun%20Seals%202_zpswaayf2lm.jpg

I ordered a "Pluto Gun Seal Kit" through Liquorcraft but that consisted of 3 O-rings, none of which fitted any part of my gun.
I have phoned Liquorcraft, Kegking and numerous other places but no-one seems to have seen these types of seals before.

At the moment I have replaced the seal with an O-ring from an assortment kit but the ID is a bit sloppy and it still leaks slightly.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Ian

enookway said:
Can anyone help me with Pluto Gun seals
I have had brief search through the forum before asking what has probably been asked before.

I have a Keg King Pluto gun with a leak out the rear end. I bought the gun and Cornelius kegs second hand so not sure of age but it would be at least 5 years old.

The guts of the gun look like this. The seal thats leaking is the one to the left of the spring.

2016-01-11%2018.14.31_zpse9dmbins.jpg

The two seals removed look like this (the white ones). They are slightly different sizes. The black one on the left is one I bought through a brewing shop which will fit the gun tip but not the shaft.

Pluto%20Gun%20Seals%202_zpswaayf2lm.jpg

I ordered a "Pluto Gun Seal Kit" through Liquorcraft but that consisted of 3 O-rings, none of which fitted any part of my gun.
I have phoned Liquorcraft, Kegking and numerous other places but no-one seems to have seen these types of seals before.

At the moment I have replaced the seal with an O-ring from an assortment kit but the ID is a bit sloppy and it still leaks slightly.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Ian

Hey Ian,

Sorry I can't help but hope you can help me. I'm trying to find a oring tip like you have on the left of the picture but I have no idea where. Where did u buy yours?

Thanks Daisy

Is it the same one in the andale catalogue, page 7 part 7?

I'd point out btw that just because it's a hemispherically shaped o-ring oem doesnt mean an equivalently sized normal o-ring wont do the job...

Homicidal Teddybear said:
Is it the same one in the andale catalogue, page 7 part 7?

I'd point out btw that just because it's a hemispherically shaped o-ring oem doesnt mean an equivalently sized normal o-ring wont do the job...
So a normal o ring may do the job? Interesting so any suggestions to what type/size and where I can buy one?

Thanks daisy

Back