Keg King fermenter leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmBR

Reaction score
Newbie here. Wanted to have a go at homebrew so I purchased one of those $30 fermenter bucket kits from KK yesterday. Rushed home after work, cleaned and sanitised everything and got it all started. Checked on it today and noticed it was leaking from the tap thread. It wasn't bad just seeping out but probably lost about a pots worth. Managed to stem the leak somewhat using fresh blutack.

Thinking back to when I was assembling it I noticed that the tap did not screw in all the way cause the hole was not concentric. A small part of the inside plastic was probably not allowing the tap to go in all the way. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

Anyone know if this is part of the design or is this one likely defective? Can someone from KK comment?

The thread was ok for the most part but the tap is not sitting flush with the outside of the bucket. To make things worse, I went back and looked at the site and checked the tap and it's supposed to have come with gasket washers that were also missing. I don't think they would have helped as the tap wouldn't have pressed up against it anyway.

I expect those nubs should be hard up against the bucket.

Attachments

• 1570614312173446783613.jpg
    1570614312173446783613.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
You should have 2 white silicone washers with the tap.
Yeah, those washers were missing. Not sure they would've helped - I think the bucket is defective as the tap does not go in all the way in order to compress the washers anyway.

Will be taking it back next week.

Yeah, those washers were missing. Not sure they would've helped - I think the bucket is defective as the tap does not go in all the way in order to compress the washers anyway.

Will be taking it back next week.
I use those taps with the smaller diameter pails from Bunnings, using the two washers have never leaked. Don't know how you can have a defective bucket?

Latest posts

Back