Keg King Cylinder (thb) Co2. No Go

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd8897

Reaction score
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with trying to get there keg king bottle filled at toowoomba home brewers?.
tryed to get my bottle filled but were refused because of the bottle(KEG KING). The only reason they had was that the bottle was not up to
AS Standards(NEW BOTTLE 2010).did the ring around only to find that there is nothing wrong with the bottle and it is all to code.got it filled else where
as no one else had a problem with it.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have 2 keg king Co2 bottles and have had no problem refilling them in tassie.

if I remember correctly tjis has been talked about before something about not a supplier

if I remember correctly tjis has been talked about before something about not a supplier

The keg king cylinders are made to AS2030, stamped and tested. I fill them myself.

No reason why your home brew store shouldn't fill it (unless it's politically motivated).

Cheers,

Justin.

The keg king cylinders are made to AS2030, stamped and tested. I fill them myself.

No reason why your home brew store shouldn't fill it (unless it's politically motivated).

Cheers,

Justin.

The Keg King Cylinders have this little internal pressure-reduction valve thingy inside the valve outlet. My LHBS gear cannot physically refill my cylinder unless I remove this gadget (with an allen key). When I unscrew it, he refills the cylinder, then I screw it back in.

Apparently the aluminium cylinders do not have such a contraption.

Cheers,

Tony

I wonder if this is a spin off from the earlier saga with their bottles. From reading on here, quite a while back, there a lot of bottles that made it out to customers that did not have the correct stamping to meet the Australian standards. From memory KegKing ended up allowing customers to take them back and get them stamped correctly (at no cost to the customer). So i wonder if this shop rejected some back then, and now doesn't realise they do conform.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back