Keezer Bar Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzMemphis

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forums and have seen many designs of what people can do with Keezers, so I figured I'll post up pictures of my build as it happens.
It is a little way off.

Some specs:
Fisher & Paykal 700L Chest Freezer
11 x 19L Post Mix Keg Capacity
1 x CO2 Gas Bottle (inside freezer)
1 x MashMaster DEI-105 Fridge Controller

I'm looking at running a Goal Post Font with 6 taps directly ontop of the freezer with a Glycol system.

One of the things I'm going for is mobility, so should I need to move it, I can!

Anyways, I'm thinking of cladding the front and sides with Jarrah, leaving a 1" air space around the sides of the Freezer.
For the top I was going to go the natural timber cut (with the rough bark edge) however I've since changed my mind for either tiled, granit or Jarrah timber top with the drip tray cut into it, this way it will sit flush with the bench top.

So I'll start with posting up the Old Beer Fridge!

P1070840.jpg

So I'll be changing from the old beer fridge to the keezer.

I've built a frame for it to sit on with heavy duty wheels.

P1070838.jpg

P1070841.jpg

Call me old fashioned, but I really like your "old beer fridge". They don't make them like that anymore!

cheers

grant

Hello All,

Thought I'd do an update on the build. I've just completed the sides and front.

Must say, I'm not all that good when it comes to wood! I'll take steel anyday! But its come up ok!

I have a 6 tap Goal Post font lined up with drip tray and some new Perlick Taps. Should receive these by the end of september. So I have a few weeks to come up with the bar top ideas :)

P1070894.jpg

P1070901.jpg

Saw a split hinged top in the fridge thread that looked fantastic allowing easy access to the fridge. Would be perfect for your setup.

Saw a split hinged top in the fridge thread that looked fantastic allowing easy access to the fridge. Would be perfect for your setup.

I've left enough room that when the top opens the over hanging bar top won't hit the front.

I'm going to put the bar top directly onto the freezer with the Font drilled through both.

Back