Keeping your sack clean

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do your balls hang low
Can you swing them to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Can you hang them over your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier
Do your balls hang low

Hang on sorry wrong thread, talking about tennis balls here of course.

It's nice to know that we have a lot of clean sacks in this country, hope its not another thing we sell to the Chinese. My sacks are staying with me. :)
-_- ​

No worries. The wort is going to boil anyway, and unless you store the bags damp, any organic matter left in the cloth won't culture a mass of bacteria.

I rinse them well, dry well on the line, shake and brush. Sometimes to keep color from building up I then soak the bag in sodium percarbonate solution, re-rinse and dry on the line again.

Happy safe sacks.

SBOB said:
Do people find the dumped grain in the garden ends up selling really bad after a couple of days?
A couple of brews ago I just dumped it on top of the garden, but by the next weekend the smell was really bad so now it just goes in the green waste so I don't have to smell it.
I have noticed fruit flies congregating around mine, which is fine, but I found that the grain mixed into my soil attracted possums and scrub turkeys. Very annoying to come home and find the entire vegie garden dug up. We now have a fence and 95% of spent grain not used for cooking generally goes in the bin as I don't know anyone with pigs or chooks.

Rocker1986 said:
Back when I was with my ex, we used to use the spent grain to make dog biscuits.
Lucky dog. We use it to make anzac-like biscuits. Also as a 'specialty' addition to breads and other random baked goods.

Latest posts

Back