Just Finnished My First Ag Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matho

The Braumiser
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to AHB and all the members that have posted info about setting up an AG setup and doing AG. All the info on this site has made setting up a brewery and doing a brew easier. Today went really well (except the wind :angry: ) i hit most of my expected targets (I was 1L down on my final volume). My extract efficiency was 78%. For all those brewers wanting to start all grain my tip is to go back and read alot of the old posts you get alot of info and you also see that alot of the experienced brewer on this site started off where you are now.
Once again thank's to everyone
Try AG it alot of fun. :lol:

Matho,
Would be keen to see any relevant pics of your AG setup if available?
Plans in the pipeline for AG at home subject to minister of finance approval of course...
Cheers!

Yeah everyone really does help here - except when you don't do a search before you start a thread.

Reading the past posts as well as the 'airlocked' threads has helped me a lot and am looking forward to doing my first home brew and first AG in November. I think everyone should have the desire to go AG, seems that it is far superior to K&K, partials and extract...

But good on ya for going all the way mate!

Matho,
Would be keen to see any relevant pics of your AG setup if available?
Plans in the pipeline for AG at home subject to minister of finance approval of course...
Cheers!

raven,
pic's of my setup is [topic="25971"]here[/topic]
it's just a basic three tier system. a tip for setting up is take your time to find equipment. that cooler cost me $39.90, i just kept on going into camping store's having a look and i stumbled onto this one.

cheer's :D

good job man, i finished my first one on saturday and came up 8 lts short on my final volume but i had a great time doing it and have another one possbily happening this weekend.... maybe.

K & K was very boring and personally gave me no satisfaction. AG all the way

good job man, i finished my first one on saturday and came up 8 lts short on my final volume but i had a great time doing it and have another one possbily happening this weekend.... maybe.

K & K was very boring and personally gave me no satisfaction. AG all the way

Good stuff mate, AG is alot more rewarding IMO.
I enjoy it as my time "away" to a certain degree too, for that half a day or so I dont have to worry about dirty nappies!
Although the boys do wander around asking questions before playing out the front...

Enjoy many more brew days! (and more importantly your first brew!)

Just wanted to say thanks to AHB and all the members that have posted info about setting up an AG setup and doing AG. All the info on this site has made setting up a brewery and doing a brew easier. Today went really well (except the wind :angry: ) i hit most of my expected targets (I was 1L down on my final volume). My extract efficiency was 78%. For all those brewers wanting to start all grain my tip is to go back and read alot of the old posts you get alot of info and you also see that alot of the experienced brewer on this site started off where you are now.
Once again thank's to everyone
Try AG it allot of fun. :lol:
Well. done and congrats! :)
I couldn't agree with you more how this forum has helped me along and many others too.
Your efficiencies are great at 78%.
It took me about 1/2 dozen Ag before I managed that.
I am curious how the bucket of death is holding up?
(I used to heat water in 19L Big W pot until I got my 40L Crown Boiler.)
Does it buckle and does the insulation tape smell or deteriorate?

wambesi it sounds like your in the same boat as me i have a 11 month old daughter and a 3 year old son.

matti the bucket of death held up ok it is only the third time that it has got up to temp. yesterday i left it on for too long and it started to boil the plastic go a bit soft but did'nt deform and there is no bad smell.
I'll have to see how long it will last it cost under $30 so i'm not expecting too much.

Latest posts

Back