• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

John Palmer's 'how To Brew' For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also on sale through ebay.

http://tinyurl.com/6bvrnt9

Currently 1.25c ending 22 hours. Shipping:$7.05 Standard Int'l Shipping.
The shipping on your linked item was $6.00 in AUS. fwiw.

reVox

But, gee, the review for it on Amazon didn't look good:

amazon said:
I have always wanted to learn to brew beer and after reading the glowing reviews thought this was the book I needed to get started. After plowing through the first couple hundred pages of the book it permamnenetly cured me of my desire to brew beer.

It is almost incomprehensible and spends most of its pages on endless minutiae about the intracies of various steps in the brewing process and their endless variations. I finally put it down when it was clear that after 200 hundred pages I really knew nothing more than when I started reading that would allow me to actually begin brewing.

The book has endless details designed for the advanced brewer but is not written with the novice in mind. It has a vocabulary all its own and as a result is unapproachable for those who are not long time brewers. Going back and re-reading some of the reviews it is clear they were written by those with considerable brewing knowledge already and the book does provide insight into those looking to advance their already considerable knowledge. I wasn't looking for a biochemistry lesson but rather pratical knowledge that would let me begin a new hobby. Fortunately the book saved me from spending what appears to be hundreds of dollars on various pieces of equipment in what would have been an unsuccessful outcome.

I did put the book to good use. After abandoning trying to decipher the tome, I went to my local distributor and bought a few wonderful craft beers. I tossed the book on a roaring fire in the fireplace and enjoyed drinking a wonderful Belgian ale as I watched it burn. It was the best beer I've ever had. Thank you John Palmer for curing me of my interest in brewing and leaving it to the professionals. I will put my time and efforts to a better use in a hobby that is approachable and can be actually be enjoyed.

PS - am being a little sarcastic, this is such an excellent book! And this reviewer clearly has no idea - John Palmer posted this review on his Facebook page the other day :)

PS - am being a little sarcastic, this is such an excellent book! And this reviewer clearly has no idea - John Palmer posted this review on his Facebook page the other day :)

Too funny.

Thank you John Palmer for curing me of my interest in brewing and leaving it to the professionals.

Yes, thank you indeed :D

After less than a week this book came in the mail from Book depository(UK) for AU$19.08 with free post.

Shit, the Nazis are coming back, now they are targeting homebrewers.

FWIW:

Shipping of this book from Perth to NSW is 11 bucks.. Barely made a dime on this transaction. fun.

Back