James Squire Irish Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Had a pint or 6 at the James Squire Brewhouse yesterday with a few mates and worked my way along the taps. (No highway man :angry: ). I was checking out their brewing room behind the glass.....

1 HLT (1 big element)
1 Cold Liqour tank
1 mash tun
1 copper (boil kettle) 2 big elements)

Then I think there were 2 ale fermenters and 3 lager fermenters. One of the lager fermenters said it had the irish draught stout ( THE CRAIC ) in it, does that mean they use a lager yeast or just keeping the ale yeast a bit cooler? Not a bad drop none of the beers really blew my socks of at all. Porter or Stout was probably the best. IPA I didnt mind to much, its a bit rosted which was nice but not very bitter. The Govener king and docklands PA were very similar if they wernt the same beer :eek: .

the craic is my favourite JS beer. Really nice hit of chocolate and smooth as you like.

i went to the brewhouse yesterday and bought a pint of the craic and to my dismay teh trendy bartender decided to take off the restrictor when pooring the beer :blink: . completly killed it. wasnt happy jan :angry:

Back