I've Hit The Jackpot!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half the flavours from CPA/CSA come from the yeast (both fermentation and being still in the beer). Buy 3 longies of CPA and culture up the yeast in a starter. You get to drink most of the beer too! The Cooper's yeast is the best improvement you will make to your beer. It'll ferment like crazy though so keep an eye on temps (I like 18C for Cooper's PA yeast).

Search the forum for the Brew In A Bag (BIAB) method of all grain brewing. I'm in a similar situation, currently living in a two bedroom apartment but this method allows me to make much better beer and boil the full wort so hop additions are easy.

no adress d under your name where the bloody hell are ya......cheers.....spog.......
I've found a place in my town that stocks thomas cooper range of extracts. :super: We don't have a LHBS here but one of the hardware stores stocks brew cellar gear which checking there range is awesome. Mitre10 are useless and it sounds like they don't order anything in and just have expensive clone kits. <_<

Next project my fellow brewers thomas cooper sparkling ale **** yeah. :beerbang:

Made up the sparkling ale today to the specifications it tells you to.

1.7kg can of goo
1.5kg of light malt extract
500g light dry malt
300g of dextrose

A shitload of fermentables should be nice and strong. :beerbang:

Made up the sparkling ale today to the specifications it tells you to.

1.7kg can of goo
1.5kg of light malt extract
500g light dry malt
300g of dextrose

A shitload of fermentables should be nice and strong. :beerbang:

What did you decide about yeast?

Many posters get really keen on the formula / process but we don't get that many posts on how their beers actually tasted .
I made 6 or 7 batches and none tasted even vaguely like the real deal (which is my favourite beer) so I gave up in the end and just brew various kits and bits with US05 yeast. Nothing in particular. Just trying different recipes till I strike one I really like.

The coopers sparkling ale kit recipe just didn't work for me at all and was expensive compared to better beers I've brewed for less $$

YMMV :)

Tested it a bit over 5% which is bang on and it tastes very similar. :beerbang: :icon_cheers:

I used the stuff in the kit

I don't know how to re culture yeast?!.

There's a PDF in the articles section that covers this pretty well. For your next attempt it's worth a shot. You have to drink a few beers though.

SHAME! huh?

There's a PDF in the articles section that covers this pretty well. For your next attempt it's worth a shot. You have to drink a few beers though.

SHAME! huh?

Yeah its terrible that i have to do that :lol:

Just had a squiz at the PDF sounds pretty easy to do.

Back