Its Brew Day.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
Time to wack in some brew. I've got some Coopers draught cans, LDME, Cluster hops and some dex floating around. Yeah and some s-23 and 34/70.

With whats here should get two Fermenter's full of:

Coopers draught goo
500 LDME
700 dex
10g cluster hops boil 10min

Should be something close to drinkable. :icon_drunk: :icon_vomit:

Time to wack in some brew. I've got some Coopers draught cans, LDME, Cluster hops and some dex floating around. Yeah and some s-23 and 34/70.

With whats here should get two Fermenter's full of:

Coopers draught goo
500 LDME
700 dex
10g cluster hops boil 10min

Should be something close to drinkable. :icon_drunk: :icon_vomit:

Looks to me as though you're making beer :icon_cheers:

Who'd of thought adding this stuff to water would be so good....... :icon_drunk:

I used one of their draught tins a while back in a toucan stout, went wonderfully and is great on these chilly nights, but another which was a bog- standard (BE2 from memory, the kit yeast) and fermented at room temps was barely drinkable. IMO the best way to ensure that it is drinkable is to ferment at ~12 degC with those lager strains, its quite achieveable at the moment in this chilly weather.
You could do a side- by- side comparison of the two yeast strains, making everything else the same, I don't know much about them at all as I do mainly ales. I'd steep the hops in some water from the kettle for 15- 20 minutes, or tear open the paper hops bag if they're in one, boil the pellets in a couple of litres of water with some LDME (say a cupful) and use that sweet, hoppy hot liquor to carefully rinse the last of the goop from the tins into the fermenter.
Other than that, just go for it, you could do a lot worse!

I used one of their draught tins a while back in a toucan stout, went wonderfully and is great on these chilly nights, but another which was a bog- standard (BE2 from memory, the kit yeast) and fermented at room temps was barely drinkable. IMO the best way to ensure that it is drinkable is to ferment at ~12 degC with those lager strains, its quite achieveable at the moment in this chilly weather.
You could do a side- by- side comparison of the two yeast strains, making everything else the same, I don't know much about them at all as I do mainly ales. I'd steep the hops in some water from the kettle for 15- 20 minutes, or tear open the paper hops bag if they're in one, boil the pellets in a couple of litres of water with some LDME (say a cupful) and use that sweet, hoppy hot liquor to carefully rinse the last of the goop from the tins into the fermenter.
Other than that, just go for it, you could do a lot worse!

Will Pitch the lager yeast at around 20 and into the fridge at 12.. Yum.. :icon_chickcheers:

All going well as the boil is boiling :icon_cheers:

10g isn't much hops, but it'll help make it interesting. I'd stop the boiling at 20 minutes at the latest. Easy as!

Here was me thinking about putting an all grain brew on today, I haven't even assembled all the ingredients yet and am facing spending most of the day in the kitchen, and here you're nearly finished!!! It'll be worth the effort though... Cheers!

10g isn't much hops, but it'll help make it interesting. I'd stop the boiling at 20 minutes at the latest. Easy as!

Here was me thinking about putting an all grain brew on today, I haven't even assembled all the ingredients yet and am facing spending most of the day in the kitchen, and here you're nearly finished!!! It'll be worth the effort though... Cheers!

My boils are very easy, 2 litres water 250g LDME bring to the boil add hops, rolling boil 10min off the heat, Half in the can to clean out the last of the goo and everything in to the fermenter. Stir it round add 2 litres ice top up to 23 litres bingo. :icon_cheers:

Have 2 identical brews in the fermenter's now. Both SG 1042 ready to pitch. :icon_drool2:

p6200007.jpg

p6200006.jpg

Yeast pitched, lids locked down, Into the brewing fidge at 12deg. Now the waiting the suspense is killing me... :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

p6200008.jpg

p6200009.jpg

Did you go away at xmas?

Well the old fridge has bit the dust. Weekend shopper and $20 bucks new brew fridge..... Ye ha

Hmm i bet the one with the red tap finishes first! Red is always faster....

You should know better than to store your bike helmet there, if it hits the ground it's stuffed!

good luck with it, i would have considered buying more hops, 10gms is a small amount

Hi roverfj1200

Reckon it will be a little on the thin side given the possible ingredients split over two brews. You just said cans of Coopers goo not whether it was 2 or 3 cans. I dont think you would get that OG with 2 and if you used 3 then I think it would be fairly hoppy.

As others have said more aroma hops.

my 2c

23 litres with 1 can goo + 750 dex and 500 LDME is how I read it. I haven't run that through anything but 1042 doesn't sound out of the question.

Back