It All Went Wrong Today!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
I have not had much time to bottle my first Ag since I moved it to secondary 3 weeks ago, and knowing the next two weekends are already spoken for today was the day, it was never meant to be. :excl:

First off, at the moment I have a stinking cold and a nose like a tap, not good for sanitation but needs must. I bulk primed in to my bottling bucket with 100g of sugar for 17l of beer, roughly 6g/l all good if I could actually get the beer flowing from one container to the other. My siphon failed 4 times and me sucking on the end of the tube and dunking it back in would not of helped with this cold, also closing the tap on the bottling bucket would of helped, I have read you are not a true brewer until you have made this mistake and today I did, lost about 2l, could of been worse... :blink:
In the end I give up after I had transferred 10l due to the siphon problems but this meant it is now primed at 10g/l :huh: potential bottle bombs?

This was my first Ag and it was over hopped on brewday and I could taste the bitterness today, hopefully it will smooth out but at the priming rate of 10g/l I am inclined to drink them within the next month to avoid blasting my brew fridge into orbit. :lol:

I am brewing for the Xmas case next weekend, cross your fingers for me.

Crossing my fingers for the rest of us ... :D :D

Ross said:
Crossing my fingers for the rest of us ... :D :D
[post="77935"][/post]​

:D

I will try my best not to sneeze over the beer.

BTW do you reckon 10g/l is asking for exploding bottles if left too long?

Nup, should be right Briz.

Most probably a well-carbonated beer is all. :beerbang:

Warren 0

Back