Is This A Co2 Reg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
I bought this 'homebrew' co2 regulator off ebay recently which 'is perfect for homebrewing' but when i went to hook it up i can't really see how it all goes together.
I was going to post photos but i've reached my interent limit and it won't let me.

So my reg says "Harris" up the top of the dial.

Underneatht he dial it says 801 in big letters, then 30LPM in small letters. Besides that is says ARGON in big letters (thats my second clue this isn't a co2 reg) And then beside that it says AS-4267 in small letters, and underneath that is says MAX INLET 20MPa

Actually its letting me load photos for some reason.

Here's my brand new KEG KING bottle (with rust <_< )
bottle_2.JPG

Here's the reg i bought from ebay
reg_full.JPG

And here's the writing on it that has me worried
reg_argon.JPG

The things that have me worried are
1) the reg and bottle don't hook together
2) the reg says argon on it
3) the reg and gas line don't hook together

Man, i'll be so off it if i have to buy a reg. I've been slowly assembling bits for this over the last few months. Finally got the fridge yesterday, have been cleaning all bloody morning. Hooked everything up and then realised i had to put the gas in, and then realised the reg is wrong.

Also, beer stocks are low becase i've put off bottling.

Definitely an Argon reg. Hopefully the seller still has the actual co2 reg and will swap it over with minimal fuss.

Bummer too. You are so close to being all set up!!

well that sucks donkey balls.

I'm at craftbrewer right now. Nearly bought 4 kegs by accident because it was sitting in my shopping cart. Now that would have been an expensive accident, not the first time i've done that!

So now i have a micromatic gauge being sent to me express, and got a john guest non-return valve coming too so that i don't have any other dramas. Should be here on monday. Unless i get really lucky and its sent today.

And now to find the person who sent this 'co2 regulator' which is 'perfect for homebrewing' so that i can give them a piece of my mind.

thanks guys

If you got it off evilbay then submit a complaint, and get a refund. It's false advertising

Although, if its good for welding home brew equipment, then........depends on the exact wording of the ad

the AS-4267 is a standards ..i would contact the seller and ebay..and ask for a refund if he has stated its suitable for Co2

It's a flow regulator rather than a pressure regulator.
That's why the gauge is in litre/min not psi or kPa.
Used for welding I think.

It's a flow regulator rather than a pressure regulator.
That's why the gauge is in litre/min not psi or kPa.
Used for welding I think.

Nice pick up Michael, I looked at the pics and didn't even see the L/m. Any one got a tig set up in need of a regulator? Onsell and you might make some money ekul. <_<

Drew

Latest posts

Back