Is there any place in NSW that sells new 50 L commercial kegs (empty) ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can buy 50 L commercial beer kegs ? I don't want to lease but buy.
Thanks

I think there are one or two, but they tend to think in 40' containers (emphasis on the plural).
If you are looking for small quantities the KegLand offering is about as good as you will do.
The Type A Slider is way better, for home or small brewing I would spay (cut off the little safety tag) them before assembling. Without a proper keg washer its way easier to clean them with a removable spear.
Get a few of the small Seals, taking the spear in and out does shorten their life.
Mark

Keg Services - Keg Care, Repair, Maintenance, Sales and Branding I got 4 of their 20L slims, $69 freight, to country NSW.
They're real commercial kegs made in Germany, a bit more expensive than the Chinese stuff but the quality has to be seen to be believed.
Also they are happy to do small orders, their usual customers are breweries ordering hundreds but Lincoln was more than happy to talk about single keg purchases
If you decide to order from them tell them you're a homebrewer, and they'll grind off the safety tabs on the spears.
As Mark suggests the A-type slider is the way to go, just be aware that they end up a bit taller than other types so may not fit in your fridge.

Just had a chat to Keg Services about something else, I'll second Grumblz, well worth a call.
Absolutely agree, the Chinese kegs are better than they were (complete crap) but the German (and other European) kegs are way better quality, often where it doesn't show like the welds when seen from the inside.
Mark

I think there are one or two, but they tend to think in 40' containers (emphasis on the plural).
If you are looking for small quantities the KegLand offering is about as good as you will do.
The Type A Slider is way better, for home or small brewing I would spay (cut off the little safety tag) them before assembling. Without a proper keg washer its way easier to clean them with a removable spear.
Get a few of the small Seals, taking the spear in and out does shorten their life.
Mark
I agree Mark. I have two 50 litre commercial kegs and use an A type coupler. Presents from my son.I didn’t ask him where they came from lol

Bah, the kegs ex Major in china are AB Inbev approved which if you have been thru that process (2 times for me) you will know is exhaustive and indesputable. Ab has not bought German kegs for 4 odd years, 30 % cheaper and passed the quality tests.

Just picked some up old(3 yr old) All Hands Brewing kegs, now 4 Pines Brewery.

Last edited:
Keg Services - Keg Care, Repair, Maintenance, Sales and Branding I got 4 of their 20L slims, $69 freight, to country NSW.
They're real commercial kegs made in Germany, a bit more expensive than the Chinese stuff but the quality has to be seen to be believed.
Also they are happy to do small orders, their usual customers are breweries ordering hundreds but Lincoln was more than happy to talk about single keg purchases
If you decide to order from them tell them you're a homebrewer, and they'll grind off the safety tabs on the spears.
As Mark suggests the A-type slider is the way to go, just be aware that they end up a bit taller than other types so may not fit in your fridge.
Mate i can agree ive just purchased 2 20L kegs from them with A type coupling (yes a bit more expensive but german made) and can say the quality is fantastic, and the do the hard work of modifying to enable spear removal for only an extra $10

Bah, the kegs ex Major in china are AB Inbev approved which if you have been thru that process (2 times for me) you will know is exhaustive and indesputable. Ab has not bought German kegs for 4 odd years, 30 % cheaper and passed the quality tests.
Great wall utes have passed all the Australian "tests" and are less than half the price of a toyota, but I wont be buying one any time soon.
Passing a quality test and producing a top of the line product are two very different things.
Horses for courses, and if I needed a couple of hundred kegs or more Major might be a consideration, but for my paltry dozen or so kegs I'll stick with Keg services, sure they're made in Germany but they have an Australian presence so that's local support, and some money onshore, not 100% going to a questionable neighbour, unless Major have a local distributor? Not just Ali whatever.

Latest posts

Back