Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not the best thread but thought I'd let everyone know that I've changed my user name from hoopsunitedbrewery to Hoops as this is the name I normally go by.

Hoops

Good idea Hoops lots easier

I may change to batzunitedbrewery :lol: :lol:

Nar :p

Batz it is :lol: What else could it be <_<

Stop it !! :angry:

hi guys, im new to this forum so i though i'd tell you about me

i am a 24 year old student at ballarat uni down here in vic. im studying brewing and as a result i get to 'play around' on the 100L pilot scale brewery as a 'learning experience' and i get to keep everything i make. raw ingredients are supplied by the uni, unless i want a special malt or yeast strain. sorry ill stop as i can tell im making you jealous.

for something extra i get to help out in our big brewery (600L) a few times a year, just to see how a real brewery runs.

i have made several beers recently, with some of my more successful ones being a vienna style lager, a bohemian pilsner and an amber lager (7%). i just bottled a heffeweizen today and wil now have to wait a couple of weeks to see how it turns out.

well thats all for now.

Gee, I'd never have thought they taught brewing at Uni.
I suppose this garantees you a job in the industry?
I always thought it was just taught at the brewery, like an apprenticeship or the like.

Batz said:
Good idea Hoops lots easier

I may change to batzunitedbrewery :lol: :lol:

Nar :p

Batz it is :lol: What else could it be <_<

Stop it !! :angry:
How about The Batzery.... :lol:

Well ActionMan, sounds like you're doing what just about everyone on this site dreams of doing! Good luck in your endeavours and don't forget your new friends at Aussiehomebrewer when you're up and running in the industry! ;)

Cheers - Snow

Hi all

Joined last night so thought I'd wack in a quick intro.

Live in the southern suburbs of Sydney. Just getting back into the swing of things after a few years not brewing. Currently setting up to go AG in a few weeks (fingers crossed).

Other interests are surfing, music (loud) and mountain biking - though to be honest I've currently got 3 boys 5 and under so not much time for anything at the moment.

Cheers

thought about the beer uni degree but there looked to me to be a good amount of crap you needed to learn (
eg food and science degree, not a pure beer only degree)

still sounds 25 times more fun than my electronics degree, at least you can drink yours, and hell if you turn up drunk.... it was homework

Hi Spanner, I'm the brewmaster of the Temple of Seth. I am, as they say, a seppo. I moved here (St. Lucia, Brisbane) to work as a researcher at U. Queensland doing computer modeling of fluorescent proteins from jellyfish & coral. I've been brewing for the last 6 years or so back in the US during my extended graduate school education. After moving here, I noticed that the economic incentive for homebrewing in Oz was even sharper than back in the US (why do wine makers get all the government subsidies?). I'm here to get help getting the ToS brewery as up and running as quickly as possible on my shoestring budget (never use student loans to buy kegs - it bites you in the end). I'll probably be in Oz for 2 years, depending on how the currency moves and whether I'm promoted etc. I'm loving it here. Cheers!

Whoa, Action Man.

You know, it took, me too long to realize I'd gotten into one of the wrong arms of science. Food science seems to be a lot more fun than doing computational chemistry, and brewing science has got to be the most fun of all. Good choice! Damn, I'm green.

G'day all,

I'm Eddy, been brewing kits on and off for about 8 years know. I have just started extract brewing and discovered hops! wow.

Living in Perth at the moment and mainly brew largers and pale ales. However would love to try and copy Little Creatures Roger's ale (any tips).

Also was wondering if anyone knows of any "U Brew It" type (brew on premises) shops over east. There is about 7 here in Perth. WWW.ubrewit.com.au (sorry don't know how to make a link).

Cheers,

Eddy.

hey eddy,

welcome to the board.

i would search here for skunk fart ale or lcpa clone and work rogers from there. from memory its only about 4% (ish) so maybe just drop some of the malt extract or maybe dilute it???

my only tip is don't culture up the yeast from rogers or LCPA bottles, they filter out the primary yeast and bottle with a lager yeast.

should be pretty easy to make something similar, a bit of dark crystal, pinch of chocolate malt, pale extract and cascade hops, you're off and away. it's 3.8% so aim for 1040 or so. that's my guess anyway! i've just been drinking my way through a case of the stuff, not bad

I PMed you eddy , you get it ?

Batz

G'Day All.

This forum seems to contain a nice collection of thirsty and impatient enthusiasts like myself, so allow me to join the group.

I am a sixtytwo year old newbie from Brisbane. Been there done that, but I am still waiting for the result of my first experiment with homebrewing. I put down a Morgan's Midstrenght 3.5 on the 3rd of this month and I am about to test it this afternoon. Like most newbies I guess, I have been eyeing a number of kits in the supermarkets for the last couple of years following my forced retirement. Having made up my mind I visited my local Home Brew supplier as I figured should be able to give me some advise unlike the supermarket. I only wanted advise, but I must have thought that it was a good one as I walked out with a Kit. Hope you guys will continue the good advise as I am hooked already, even before I tested the fruit of my labour. (I am telling lies realy, I could not wait and cracked a bottle 1bout 7 days after bottling. I was quite surprised and pleased with the result already even though it did have a slight green smell and taste about it. ) I am in the process to learn as much as I can and been busy on the internet.
Good Luck with all your endevours, I am off to try the real Mccoy. :D

welcome to the best hb site sparrow and eddy.
hope you gain much help and grreat brewing from the site

cheers
big d

welcome aboard sparrow and eddy. never 2 young or old to develop the craft. b4 u know it you will be obsessed by the craft like many of us, and producing brews infinitely better than the megaswills(and maybe even LCPA) on offer.

Cheers
roach

Hi All

Bagnol Here.

I have been lurking this forum for a tad over a year now, so I thought I'd better introduce myself.

I have been brewing off and on for 13 years or so, the last 3 years solid. I've travelled petty much the same path as most on this forum: started with K&K, then added some bits, went to extract and then partials. I moved on to AG about 6 months ago. I'm still bottling ATM, but have kegs and taps in the mail.

I'm married to a very understanding (thank god) woman and have a two week old apprentice.

I have learnt heaps here over the last year or so and I hope to learn a heap more.

Cheers
Bagnol

Welcome Bagnol, great to see another experienced brewer joining the forum. One more brain for me to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back