Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much an introduction, but since I have been in brew-bernation for 3 years now, I figured a re-introduction is in order.

My name is Lobsta, I'm a 22 year old registered Pharmacist from South-East Brisbane. I used to brew extract brews, and got a few good ones out. Just bought my keg setup then university and motorcycles distracted me from brewing. Now that I have graduated and registered, I am now in the mood for brewing again.

My other hobbies include golf, motorcycles and mixed martial arts.

Hope the forum hasn't changed too much since I was last here. Incider is still the token poof isn't he?

Lobby

Welcome back Lobby and Happy New Year to you and yours. You will see some great changes over the last three years and you will find it that much easier to get back into brewing .

Good day AHB.
Just a brief introduction as I'm a pommie lurker who registered just because there are some really clever hints and tips on here which are only available to registered users.
Apart from that, I used to run an English real-ale (arrogant terminology isn't it?) pub and I brew almost exclusively British Style Ales - with a little bit of extremeness.
I love the Coopers stuff and have two of their new fermenters and my go-to "in a hurry" kit is their IPA with a kilo of light DME added. (sometimes I'll add a 10 minute hop tea with some new world hops).
I'm moving towards all grain and using the BIAB site as a stepping stone. That's what led me here.

Hello All,

After a long time reading and researching, I thought I should probably sign up here, as it's a very helpful site, and I can't wait to put what I've learnt here to practice!

I've never really been a beer drinker, in fact I used to dispise the stuff. Now I realise that I was only drinking XXX, VB, Crown etc, so no wonder i thought all beer was terrible! My eyes were opened when I shared a few beers with my friend (who was a big fan of european largers) and realised that there were some beers that were actually quite ok. Then I tried some ales and I was a convert! I know it's not the best beer in the world by a long shot, but Newcastle Brown Ale holds a special place in my heart for being the first beer that I tried and actually liked enough to buy more ;)

Anyway, after buying imported and micro-brewery beer for years, I finally went out and bought a home-brew setup last week and am currently awaiting the results of my first brew (Amber Ale) although it's just a simple K&K. I've managed to keep the temperatures down around 18C (which was easier than I thought, despite 30 degree weather), so fingers crossed!

G'day AHB members,

I am an All-grain brewer, and have been for 3 or so years now. I have been on the forums for a while, taking in a lot of information. I haven't really bothered to post too much about myself or the brewing I do, but I am looking forward to sharing what I know with others and learning more from the posts that are on here.

I use a 2 Tier, 3 Vessel, Triple batch, Ghetto system (with a pump for recirculation) to make Wort and then eventually Beer. I have also just got into kegging which is something this forum has helped a lot with.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of the SEQ brewers on here, one of these days.

Cheers,
Ryan Botla.

I'm a simple kit and kilo. I may steep grains on occasion.

Hi all

Been brewing from kits and bottling for about a year now, and just acquired a kegerator. It was an easy sell to the fiance as she likes to brew beer as well!
Brews/recipes so far include (I can't remember them all):
German weissbier
Fat Yak
Hoegardden
Belgian witbier
Ginger beer
Coopers Vintage
Mexican Cerveza

Katie is into the darker stuff as well and has done porter, amber ale, pilsener, belgian dark abbey.

We have room for 3 kegs in the kegerator and we'll be starting with an Asahi recipe, Leffe Blonde recipe, and a chocolate stout.

Look forward to sharing and learning with the inmates.

Mike

Not so much an introduction, but since I have been in brew-bernation for 3 years now, I figured a re-introduction is in order.

My name is Lobsta, I'm a 22 year old registered Pharmacist from South-East Brisbane. I used to brew extract brews, and got a few good ones out. Just bought my keg setup then university and motorcycles distracted me from brewing. Now that I have graduated and registered, I am now in the mood for brewing again.

Hope the forum hasn't changed too much since I was last here. Incider is still the token poof isn't he?

Lobby

Sorry lobsta but all i can think of is B52's rock lobster and lobster-sock

welcome aboard

Hi AHB,

My name is Finnbar. I used to do a little bit of homebrewing just with the Coopers Kits - Pale Ale, Lager, Ginger Beer, etc. I have recently come back from Europe with a more "worldly" appreciation of beers and I am looking forward to brewing some different styles to what I have in the past.

Looking forward to reading all your wisdom and getting some tips.

Cheers!

Hi All,

I too have been sponging on AHB wealth of knowledge here!

After a brief hiatus from brewing I'm keen to get back into it (Got rid of the missus). I've done a hand full of all grain brews and after about 6years I have finally completed my grain crusher, now I just need to make a decent rig (hopefully over the next few months not years!).

I live in Golden Grove SA, so if anyone wants to catch up for an AG day or just a beer sing out.

Is anyone planning a grain bulk buy in the near future?

Anyway thanks for all the info (and Banter).

Cheers

Hawkesy

Hey,

Coming to you from Alaska, been brewing off and on for about 23 years, mostly kits in the beginning but doing partial mash and alot of experimenting now. Retired from Submarine Service in 95 and living the good life in Alaska with my Wife and our dogs. I built boats for awhile for commercial and private use; now I just supply the computers and phones and stuff for the State. The kids are all growed up and so we do what we want. Found this site doing some research on BIAB and No Chill Methods. My wife says I am an incurable informationaholic - I am always wanting to learn more and new stuff.

I appreciate the site and may even be able to contribute when I know something worthwhile. Thanks for letting me ride along!

Welcome subsailor, plenty of great info and informative brewers here for sure.

Will you need to no chill during the Alaskan winter though? Free chilling with all that snow and ice surely...!? :icon_cheers:

Thought it was about time I posted a hello, so here it is.

Hello :p

Appoligies for being such a long timer lurker, but i haven't needed to ask any questions so far (search has given me all my answers), and being a relative newbe haven't found it appropirate to be answering other peoples questions either.

I'm an AG (BIAB) brewer whos been brewing for about 12 months. I started with K+K's, but the info on here pushed me to go AG after 2 batches and I haven't looked back.

Currently i'm putting together all the bits for a kegging system (when ever I can find some cash that symbo doesn't know about ;) that is)

Hey AHB,

I haven't brewed for a while for a few reasons, mainly because I was living in a place that relied solely on tank water. Getting right back into it now so I'll be on here asking all kinds of questions

I'm a massive Pale Ale fan (Fat Yak, Lil Creatures, Coopers) so that's what I generally like to brew. Recently bought a temp controller for my fermenting fridge & just received a new twin-tap kegerator for my birthday, so it's Game ON! I've read through these forums & am now in the middle of some minor mods to the kegerator, buying a co2 bottle & kegs and having a go at kegging for the first time.

Cheers

breakbeer

Hey AHB,

I haven't brewed for a while for a few reasons, mainly because I was living in a place that relied solely on tank water. Getting right back into it now so I'll be on here asking all kinds of questions

I'm a massive Pale Ale fan (Fat Yak, Lil Creatures, Coopers) so that's what I generally like to brew. Recently bought a temp controller for my fermenting fridge & just received a new twin-tap kegerator for my birthday, so it's Game ON! I've read through these forums & am now in the middle of some minor mods to the kegerator, buying a co2 bottle & kegs and having a go at kegging for the first time.

Cheers

breakbeer

Hello all,

Been 'lurking' for a while, figured I'd drop a general hello, as I've already started posting and it seems like I'm hooked. Better late than never though.

Started all grain last year and I've been pumping 'em out ever since. Even developed a hybrid system off BIAB, I'll post some pics after next brew, should be in a week or so.

Cheers, Mike

Hey mikesnothere

Welcome aboard, we look forward to you taking shit to the lab to test for us, simply to prove a point and in the end have no relevance to the the original topic of objection!

HAHAHAHA!

All gags mate, seriously, good to see you posting!

Cheerss

Hi all, Smokomark here
I just did my first biab today after putting it of for a few weeks. Wasn't quite a scarey as i thought it would be. I decided on Tonys Little Creatures Brigh ale to loose my virginity. Shit i might even visit Ross at craftbrewer again tomorrow and do another. I've put down 28 kit and kilos since restarting brewing in sept 2011. I figure it's time to stop mucking around and get serious. AHB is a great wealth of info without it i would probably still be on the cans for a year or three more, Keep up the good work everyone. It is greatly apprieciated by us newbies. Cheers, Mark

hi there mark,
brewing can be addictave, hehe, watch your brewing equipment grow..
good stuff keep it up youll be making great beer in no time..

Lobby

Lobby - welcome back, (I think there are still tattered remains of your undies scattered around my backyard after an unfortunate atomic wedgie incident at a swap) :rolleyes: .
Sean is currently having a beauty sleep before strutting out pissed in public with inflatable animals again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back