Intertap vs perlick taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonenose

Reaction score
Hi,
Have been hunting around for gear to convert a fridge and was after recommendations on taps thinking of going intertap or perlick stainless taps is there much difference between these and is there any advantage in flow control if not kegging stouts etc.
Cheers

Gday Bonenose,
I can only comment on the Perlick flow control taps I have been using for the past year without any problems,nice smooth action a good bit of gear.The flow control
allows me to bump up the pressure slightly ,13-14 psi to keep a higher level of carbonation and not flow through the tap like a rocket and get a glass full of froth.

Got some Perlick FC and an intertap.

Had to replace the seals in the Perlicks (I got them from another brewer) and they still drip leak under pressure.

The intertap is solid and holds pressure - TBH, I much prefer it.

I have been using SS intertaps on my KK kegerator for 3 years, I love them.

Perlick by a country mile!
+1

A properly balanced 630SS will never give you grief. One internal o ring when properly fitted will last for ever (almost!)

And they are sexy!

Still_spark.jpg

I have one Perlick 650SS and three Intertap SS on my keezer. All have flow control, which adds flexibility and is there if I need it. I can't fault either brand on the quality or reliability. Both pour well, feel solid and no leaks on any tap so far. Intertap has two advantages for me, though. First is price, second is the interchangeable spout - the $10 stout spout works well enough. The fruit flies show no preference and love both equally...

The fruit flies show no preference and love both equally...

Try filling a couple of small latex balloons with water and leave them under your taps when not in use. This works for some and not for others. YMMV. Don't know the science, but it seems to work in about 7/10 cases in my experience.

seen these taps in use at devils brewery in tasmania ask how good are they..no issues might get one for myself

+1

A properly balanced 630SS will never give you grief. One internal o ring when properly fitted will last for ever (almost!)

And they are sexy!

Pretty sure it's the font contributing 90% of the sexyness in that photo ;) looks sweet as!

I have three FC Intertaps. Never had an issue, nice taps for the price, but I havent tried Perlick's before. I cant see how much better than can be to be honest though.

For $60 a pop they can't be beat I reckon.

Pay close to double, if not more for 650's i think.

I have both intertaps fc x 2 and 650ss fc x 3 on my flooded font.
Intertap are good, but the perlicks are smoother, pour better out of the nossel as the beer flows nicer out of the nossel compared to my 2 intertaps, the pour seems to be more consistant with the perlicks whether you have the fc dialed down or up, the intertap does pour good, but using the flow control can sometimes make the beer pour more out of one side if the nossel than the other, therefore getting abit more foam, no biggy, but there is a difference in how these 2 pour.

Flow control is more accurate on the perlicks as well. But for the price the intertaps are still good, but I got my 650's for 95 so was well worth the extra now I see both in action side by side.

One thing I do love of my intertaps , the reason I got them is the stout nossel, my reds and stouts are excellent through them. Can't do that with the perlicks.

Can't go wrong with either.

Cheers

Last edited:
My 650SS Perlicks are the duck's. I picked 3 up for $50 each from the Beverage Factory when the AUD was better than 1:1 USD ... now I have a larger setup and portable rig I'm spewing I didn't get another 2 or 3 at the time!!

I've got four Perlick FC taps, and they haven't skipped a beat. No issues with leaking and the flow control makes pouring a breeze.

I did consider the intertaps, but went with perlick on the recommendation of others. Not as cheap, but couldn't be happier with them. be even better once I've got some beer in my kegs after moving house!

JD

I have lost kegs and gas from my perlicks before I upgraded I had cheap ones that came with the fridge for 2 years never had a problem... Don't do perlick

Intertap for sure.

I have heard they are working on a range of tips to screw on the taps.
Bottle filling and sparkler tips.

Last edited:
Ive got 3 older Perlick pc fc taps . I bought them 2nd hand. At least one of them has a drip issue. If its not one its another. Ive replaced the o rings many times. I have to disconnect the line after a pour, sometimes. Depending on if it decides to work or not.
I cant speak for the new ones but mine are a bit shit. Im gonna replace them with Intertaps one of these days. Iam very happy with my 2 Intertaps. I should have got the fc ones.

Ive got 3 older Perlick pc fc taps . I bought them 2nd hand. At least one of them has a drip issue. If its not one its another. Ive replaced the o rings many times. I have to disconnect the line after a pour, sometimes. Depending on if it decides to work or not.
I cant speak for the new ones but mine are a bit shit. Im gonna replace them with Intertaps one of these days. Iam very happy with my 2 Intertaps. I should have got the fc ones.

Exactly what problems I have with mine (545FC). And the cost of resealing 2 is almost the cost of one intertap regular pour.

I lose a few pints of beer, bugs sit around in the tray, SWMBO complains. It just hasn't worked for me. Though from what I know the newer ones seem to have a better rap.

I'm upgrading my taps in the next couple of weeks and was looking at the Fc intertaps, I've been using the cheap chrome plated jobs for about 10 years and thought it was time to upgrade but I'm still on a budget so these look perfect for me and I'm sure anything would be an upgrade from what I'm used to.

Questions I have for ppl that use them is
1) I have heard that you can't use the auto close springs in them, is that true?

2) if so why and is this an issue for most that use them?

3) is the flow control worth it or are the standard taps good enough e.g. Do those that have the fc taps use this feature a lot?

Cheers
Leigh

Back