Infected Wort Before Pitching Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Sorry dude, but 15 posts in 5 and a quarter years? Thats less than 3 posts per year. I'm gonna take your advice for gospel cos it seems you don't waste too many posting opportunities...:p

And I thought I was a slow poster.

Peter does have good advice on yeast rehydration.

Finally got around to stripping the boiler after working all weekend and found the drain tap filled with slime!

I've always washed it out after the boil and rinsed with hot water and sanitiser, I thought that this would be enough but obviously not.

Anyway, at least I've learned something, clean, clean and sanitise!

At the completion of some work experience at a Brewery I was told the three secrets to brewing great beer. Cleaning, cleaning and most importantly keeping things clean. :D

At the completion of some work experience at a Brewery I was told the three secrets to brewing great beer. Cleaning, cleaning and most importantly keeping things clean. :D

I think you forgot one of the main points.....cleaning. :lol:

It's interesting really. Charlie Talley said in a basicbrewing interview that sanitation is only insurance that your cleaning is up to snuff.

Latest posts

Back