Im Done! It's Over! No More Bottles!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, dont compare vista with BIAB. Vista is a dog, BIAB purrs :icon_cheers:

Bah it's all relative. I'm sure some people have only ever used Vista and as a result think it works pretty well too B)

where was the whitegoods place in mayfield?

I work in Warrabrook so will be close by tomorrow.

I rang the Like-Nu place that deals in Second hand reconditioned white goods. I have got a couple fridges from them in the pase and no problems.

They said they only had one chest freezer... 200 liter and were having trouble getting them. Vary hard to find i believe were her words.

there just not trying hard enough :)

Tryin to think now. It's on a corner - on Maitland road. Warabrook side of the Stag etc. Somewhere round ten pin bowling alley give or take a block or two. Coming from Warabrook towards Mayfield it's on the right. I know they have fridges so am guessin they got freezers too. Hope this helps.

thanks guys....... i know the place now :)

Will go visit them tomorrow at lunch time.

cheers

the best part of it is -- you don't need to give up on bottles, you just get to give up on the problems with bottling. One CP bottle filler away... and you can have kegged AND bottled beer... but none of the issues ( little extra effort fair enough)

Just dont ship all you bottles to the tip... keep some of them in reserve. All I'm sayin'

TB

yeah actually... can I have all the bottles you wont be using anymore? :p

Try "Domayne".......where I work haha
dont throw bottle's I am in need of bottles as I only have around 15 crown sealed largie's form the 80's thanx old man LOL!

I wont throw them out. I have had plenty of PM's and others on here. We may have to run a simple competition to find a winner. :)

I went and visited that whitegoods place in Mayfield today. I said...... chestfreezers?

She said..... dont have any and dont think it will be a while before i may be able to help you. We just dont see them anymore.

It may take a while but i will find something. Will keep an eye out on evilbay and start buying the trading post i guess.

JD......... i will give you the botles if you can get me a new one at cost price :)

cheers

Tony thanks for posting that
was going to drop in there next time im down at MHBs just to check out chest freezers myself

Make sure you PM me if your bidding on Evilbay and ill stay clear and let you get the first one as im looking too.. ROFL

Tom

Oh Sammus.......... your on my Xmas card list for that link! :)

Tony,

I was give a freezer 860 (lgth) x 630 (depth) x 840 (height) a year or so ago. Turned out it wasn't what I could fit into my
system so at the moment I am storing bags of malt in it (to keep the f**king mice out). (external dimensions)

Works OK and is clean.

If your other options don't work out I'm happy to put it on the back of the ute and bring it to Mudgee between now and New Year's Eve. Only cost is your shout at the Mudgee Brewery. (And of course the unwritten law that when you have no use for it
you give it away for a similar consideration).

Cheers,
smudge

PS
If we can't coordinate the delivery/pick up, my dear old Mum (80th birthday in Jan) will be happy to keep it in her shed until
you can get there.

Damn i would of picked it up for you Tony
im heading down to melb for my sisters 40th in 3 weeks
But we just decided to fly instead of taking the Bravo... never know plans might change

Tom

I bought a You Beaut 195 litre from the All Clssifieds here in Canberra for $125. It works a treat with the temp controller on it, and it holds 4 X Cornies, or with a collar, it holds 6 cornies. It's actually just sitting here with full kegs in it, keeping them cold, next to my 480 litre fridge that has 6 taps. Speking of which, the fridge used to have a 50 liter keg in it, and room for more, but not sure if it would hold 2 X Cornies as well?

Im going to check out a posible 500 liter plus freezer on sunday that will be lucky to cost me $50..... theo ne i mentioned above.

Im thinking if it works and looks to be suitible to mounting a font on the lid with minimum fuss......i will get it. Im thinking of getting it no mater what actually as large chest freezers are like rocking horse shit these days

If its too big for where i can fit it im sure there is another Hunter brewer that will gladly take it off my hands.

Stay tuned :)

Hey that whitegoods place in Mayfield is a classic.

I asked about chest freezers about 6 months ago and was told the same thing. So I went looking at the fridges. Then about 2 minutes later, this women barked at me asking what I was still doing in the shop. After I cleared my eyes from the cigarettte smoke charging from her breath I said I was looking at fridges. She told me again there were no chest freezers, so I left.

Still worth a look, but it is an intersting place that is for sure.

FNL

I went there on a saturday just after they had locked up and the two dudes were standing outside talking at their car. They seen me cross the road and realise that it was shut and turn back for my car. Old matey sung out and called me back, insisted on re-opening the shop for me to take a look even though I told him I would come back monday and I was really only gonna browse anyway. I felt bad not buyin anything but whatdya do.

Back