I started a homebrewing blog.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscarman

Reaction score
Would love some feedback, i'm really going to try to be very simple and try to keep out as much of the jargon and complicated stuff as possible. Thinking of doing some video reviews and stuff down the line.

http://thebeernebula.blogspot.com.au/

Thanks!

Nice work..
I wish more - OK - some folks here had blogs to share their expertise.

Anybody ever tell you you look like a younger version of James May?

902323_517117688346156_1936209594_o.jpg

"So now i had a way of making sure the yeast wasn't going to give me headaches or taste like bananas,"

Good laugh from that one. Banana flavour headaches suck alright.

Oscar tell your girl to update her blog - the link for Smell my beer is still there.

Entertaining.

Dude awesome blog,

Fruity beer, had that a threee brews in a row - just too hot a ferment temp thought it was my fermenter infecting the brew...

dammit threw out a perfectly good fermenter :(

Dave70 said:
Nice work..

I've heard this one or two times, i think it's the hair...

MattyFin said:
I'll be checking up on updates for your blog mate, was a good read.
Cheers!

431neb said:
"So now i had a way of making sure the yeast wasn't going to give me headaches or taste like bananas,"

Good laugh from that one. Banana flavour headaches suck alright.

Oscar tell your girl to update her blog - the link for Smell my beer is still there.

Entertaining.
Thanks for pointing that out, i'll let her know.

Josho said:
Dude awesome blog,

Fruity beer, had that a threee brews in a row - just too hot a ferment temp thought it was my fermenter infecting the brew...

dammit threw out a perfectly good fermenter :(
Aw man, that sucks. Temperature control is almost as important as sanitation, and now that i have sanitation pretty much together, it is even more important.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going to start doing videos and stuff of tasting with some friends. I've got an Imperial Stout bottled and aging, and a Rye ESB in the fermenter just waiting to be bottled. Will be posting the making-of write ups soon. Hold tight!

Dave70 said:
Nice work..

I have thought about starting a (home brewing) blog but not sure at this stage I've got anything to offer. Perhaps in a year or so when I've brewed a few AG beers!

Can we get a list here of those who do have blogs? I want to read as much as I can on homebrewing, every resource is good for me!

welly2 said:
I have thought about starting a (home brewing) blog but not sure at this stage I've got anything to offer. Perhaps in a year or so when I've brewed a few AG beers!

Can we get a list here of those who do have blogs? I want to read as much as I can on homebrewing, every resource is good for me!
There are more posts on people's methods in all the old posts here than a reasonable person would ever read.

welly2 said:

This is a really good idea, this way we could have a little blog network going on...

nice work mate. i enjoyed it!!

i did something sort of similar, although i'm not much for comedic posts haha. ended up using a little too much jargon than what i'd hoped but figured i'd be the only one reading (apart from a few others) and so kept it as is. mine's in my sig picture.

poppa joe said:
Oscarman..
There is no need for foul language on a blog.
PJ.
Why is it that he can't use whatever language he chooses on his own blog?

fletcher said:
nice work mate. i enjoyed it!!

i did something sort of similar, although i'm not much for comedic posts haha. ended up using a little too much jargon than what i'd hoped but figured i'd be the only one reading (apart from a few others) and so kept it as is. mine's in my sig picture.
Thanks! I like your blog, i'll add it to my beer blog list.

tanukibrewer said:
Nice pics and video mate, well done.
Cheers! Thanks for checking it out!

poppa joe said:
Oscarman..
There is no need for foul language on a blog.
PJ.
Thanks for the input PJ! Sorry you don't like my choice of words, but i can't do anything to solve that, it's just how i talk!

Latest posts

Back