I Love Sundays............. Well, Most........

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to say how much I love Sundays(well most of them), I work usually Tuesday to Saturday from 7am till when I finish (bloody Restaurants) and I really look forward to having the Day off on Sunday/Mondays.... :beerbang:

My SWWBO goes to work on Sunday and I stay at home with the kids(they call it Dads Day) and I just do whatever I want to do, Brew, Relax, work on a project(trailer ATM), hang out with the kids or AHB :rolleyes: .....

Today has started off with a sleep in till 830am, some coffee, a little vaccuming :( , the kids got dropped off from Grandmas and I have put a brew on....

I guess Im just a little stoked that I have hit my Mash Temp spot on with my double batch of "Leftovers A.I.P.A"(for the QLD XMAS CASE SWAP), I received some kind comments on this beer from other brewers but they reckoned if I mashed it a little warmer(by 1 degree) it would be spot on in balance, Ive hit that temp right on.. :super:

Anyhow, enough ranting and back to the Brew, Bathurst or whatever the hell I want to do.....

How do you rate your Sundays???????????????????

CB

Glad to hear your enjoying the day CB. Me on the other hand, I go to uni monday-friday usualy leave the house at 7.45 and home for 5ish, work from 4pm until 12am saturday and from 8am till 4pm on a sunday, gotta love working in a bowling alley <_< . currently having a coffe at work and typing this, can't wait for the end of semester!!!!!! Get some brewing done and my keg fridge all sorted just in time for summer.

Cheers

Aaron

I work weekends, as a rule, which is great if you are a solitary type but makes it hard to get to case swaps etc. However I'm booked for 2 days annual leave for Sqyre's case swap this year. Off to work in a couple of hours but still plenty of time to potter in brewhouse this morning.

After about 12 billion beers too many at the Paddys beer fest this sunday kinda sucks :icon_vomit:

Looking forward to trying it CB, certainly the version you had at the last QLD case swap was bloody nice! Sundays are normally good, however my son's still in hospital (recovered now, some mysterious infection) so no brewing today. I've been staying up there with him all week so no beer either! In saying that, I'm at home for a few hours so I think I'll sneak a few samplers in :)

Wish it would rain a bit more today though, it's incredibly dry here and I'm sick of having to water everything. I've only lost one hop plant which is good, all the others are taking off without any problems.

Looking forward to trying it CB, certainly the version you had at the last QLD case swap was bloody nice! Sundays are normally good, however my son's still in hospital (recovered now, some mysterious infection) so no brewing today. I've been staying up there with him all week so no beer either! In saying that, I'm at home for a few hours so I think I'll sneak a few samplers in

Wish it would rain a bit more today though, it's incredibly dry here and I'm sick of having to water everything. I've only lost one hop plant which is good, all the others are taking off without any problems.

Cheers Daemon,

Im looking forward to it again aswell.. :icon_drool2: Should be better this time though...

Sorry to hear about your son, hope he is ok mate.. ;) Ill really have to try catch up with you next time we are in Toowoomba visiting..

Oh well, here is a pic of my favourite part of the Brewday, 1st Runnings.... :super:
IMG_0387.JPG

:icon_cheers: CB

Always a beer or three waiting here for you, especially if it goes me an excuse to have a few as well! Nearly have the back patio sorted, just waiting on the Perlick taps to come in and then all that's left is to build the bar (only going to be something simple).

The colour and clarity look amazing, so much so you convinced me to have a beer. Cracked open a bottle of Paulaner Salvator, the alcohol is fairly dominant at 7.9%. Went nicely with a steak sandwich while watching a bit of Bathurst though :)

Took the R6 out for a run today with a few mates this morning. 200 km of windy Adelaide Hills roads finishing with some flat straight runs our through Mannum then Murray Bridge.

I wont discuss top speeds reached here though... B) :ph34r:

Rain in the arvo ended my brew rig work prematurely!

Love Sundays.

i must concur.

Sunday has/is always great for me. take the mutts to doc school in the morning then usually have a good mate come over and sink some beers while we brew.

Today was extra special as we set up my keg fridge. Now got beers on tap, if only the missus worked like the keg fridge, id be in heaven. Hopefully get some pics online soon. Off the fridge, not the missus.

DrinkBeer

Latest posts

Back