Hydrogen peroxide sanitizer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im keen on trying the proxytane but it is nasty shit

WEAL do you wear goggles, gloves, gas canister mask & how do you safely get it out ?

At the moment I draw out the hydrogen peroxide with a syringe but as the container gets low you have to tip it
to get the fluid in the syringe its a pain

It isn't that bad, as stu said earlier you will get a white film on your hands. Measure it out with a syringe and wear safety glasses and don't have a piss with that white film on your hands, or just wear gloves. If you have trouble with the syringe when you are getting low pour into one of those conical measures that you can get from the chemists.

Maybe purchase a long transfer pipette (or attach a length of hose on the bottom of your syringe before sucking it out). Calibrate the hose with some water (put marks on it to indicate mL).

Great ideas cheers, now to source something smaller than 25 L in Perth

good4whatAlesU said:
Off topic (sorry) but out of interest would any chemists like to elaborate on the "dodecylbenzene" component of the starsan molecule. Particularly the "benzene" ring and it's fate. My very limited knowledge of benzene is that it's a baddie?

I asked an eminent chemist that question (when he was reviewing the chemicals I use) and he said “thats just soap” and the conversation went back to Porters…

Back