Huh ! This Home Brewing Lark Is Not So Cheap After All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: A little off topic. I only worked 4 hours today so I could mash a brew, nobody [I am sure] has ever said on their death bed " I wish I had spent more time at work". :blink:

Time well spent.

Even if homebrew beer costs more (money-wise), at least you know you can make beer that is better and also better suites your taste than commercial beer. I am willing to pay more for a GOOD beer!

...and its great to know that the beer your drinking has been hard earnt (time-wise).

MMMM Homebrew! :)

LOL, yea, I'm referring to Adam. Be sure to give him grief if you pop in there.

:lol: I can only hope that someone will set the poor bugger straight? There's nothing wrong with having another convert.
I presume he would get a discount for megaswill? :( A discount for imported beers would not be too bad. :super:

TP :beer:

:icon_offtopic: A little off topic. I only worked 4 hours today so I could mash a brew, nobody [I am sure] has ever said on their death bed " I wish I had spent more time at work". :blink:

Time well spent.

Dont you just love skipping work to brew beer :wub:

And that 120 minute IPA sounds tasty!! What was bad about it Katie?

Learning about HB - a lifetime investment, and one that is well worth it.

Work will still be there tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that.

I also prefer HB to any commercial beer now.

Plus there is nothing like making beer yourself from just grains & water... (plus hopes, yeast, etc...)

What a bloody sook. Toughen up! If ya dont like brewing, piss off and buy it!

Ah my first post felt good.

What a bloody sook. Toughen up! If ya dont like brewing, piss off and buy it!

Ah my first post felt good.

Hey mate, welcome to the forums.
But if you knew Pumpy you would know that his tongue is firmly planted in his cheek here :p

Crikey, I have just read thru this thread and three folks at least have said that their HB tastes better than most/all megaswills.

I said that I liked my HB better than any megaswill earlier in the year and got the shit kicked out of me for saying it. :angry:

Oh well, it still stands whoever you were, I like my HB's better than megaswill. :p

Oh, and the time spent doing it I dont count. I enjoy it , and can do other stuff while mashing, boiling. :chug:

Seriously, this hobby is cheap as compared to others.

Golf? At least a grand for some clubs and don't even get me started on membership fees?
Bowling? League fees? Stupid shirts? Re-drilling balls mid-season because your fingers have warped? Let alone good balls...
Diving? About two grand for your own kit or get scabies from an uncleaned suit and God knows what from an unclean reg...
Fish keeping? Egad - been there done that... Say $500 for used kit, plus $100 for livestock in the hobby and then the obsession to get more tanks and fish. Wah!

Homebrewing? Get going nicely for under $150 including your first batch and all the consumables. ROI period? A few weeks.

I don't want to go near the topic of time cost... that would be far too much for any of us that bill by the hour.

tl;dr HB = good happy healthy educational hobby with a pleasant by-product which we can enjoy and share.

Cheers - Fermented.

You left out community service by keeping and re-using old bottles and community spirit onlin ;)

Bloody Winging Poms :p

I jusy wasted 5 minutes flicking through this.

Pumpy you owe me a longneck or your best!

Bloody Winging Poms :p

I jusy wasted 5 minutes flicking through this.

Pumpy you owe me a longneck or your best!

Aww sorry Tone you can call me shallow

Pumpy

Back