Howdy from Radelaide!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jibtronic

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First time brewer, poster etc. I was 'Umming and Ahhing' about starting, until Big W started with Afterpay so thought I would jump in :D

I currently am on day 7 of just brewing the Lager that came with the kit. I was pointed here from the Coopers Club forums, it was also mentioned that I should have a looksey at the spreadsheet here. However upon opening the spreadsheet and seeing all the info, my brain melted!

I after seeing some of the posts mentioning different hops etc, I gotta find the closest tree to climb to see if I can see the way back to start of the maze again! haha

If anyone has any tips on where to start etc I would love to know :D

Regards,

John

The kits are a good way to get started. Then once you get the hang of that, you can try adding in some hops - have a look at craft beer bottles when you try them, and remember the hops used in the ones you like. Pride of Ringwood/Superpride is the one used in all the aussie lagers.

Once you get used to that, you can try steeping some grains as well to add in.

If you get sick of that, you can try using extract for the whole brew (which is like the coopers cans, but you do all the hops yourself)

And then after that you can try the whole thing yourself with all grain!

The coopers website has some great recipes to check out. I'd really recommend these two:

Steeping grains + hops: http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/65/ (this was by far the best kit brew I'd ever made)

Extract brew: http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/54/

Welcome Jibtronic, there is plenty of info and help to be had here. As laxation has pointed out basic kits are a good start. They allow you to get your procedures in order and establish the styles you want to produce. Once done then what you do with hops and grains is basically limitless.

Ohhhhh thanks for the links and the welcomes :D

I am a little nervous about the hops etc, having to steep and boil and all that jazz. I will admit I thought it was just throw it in the fermenter and that is where the magic happens haha I didn't even know there were multiple yeasts to use haha When you steep the

Definitely looking forward to having a go though. The Golden Ale looks great, will give that one a go as soon as I learn about steeping grains etc haha

Best. Vids. Ever!!! Haha watched a couple of starter vids and they are awesome :D

Latest posts

Back