How To Disassemble And Clean Chinese Taps/fonts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filby

Reaction score
Hi

Ive done a search but without any luck on how to disassemble and clean the cheap chinese fonts. Ive got as far as pulling the top section apart but I cant get to the guts of it. They are these ones:

draft%20tap.png

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi

Ive done a search but without any luck on how to disassemble and clean the cheap chinese fonts. Ive got as far as pulling the top section apart but I cant get to the guts of it. They are these ones:

draft%20tap.png

Anyone got any ideas?

See the collar with the holes on it? That will actually unscrew towards the barb. Or you could try holding it tight and unscrewing the tap. It's been a while since I've cleaned mine but that's what I did to get it open.

You need a faucet wrench and undo the faucet from the "i don't know what it's called"... ummm maybe barb, plastic thing and nut? :blink:

Unscrew the handle and the hex below it and it should just fall apart.

I usually leave the barb connected to the line and just clean that with the line.

As it happens I'm going to do one now, I'll post piccies in about 20 mins - mine isn't Chinese but should be pretty identical

:icon_cheers:

Faucet wrench, use it in the holes, clockwise to loosen
tap_1__Large_.jpg
tap comes off in one piece
tap_2__Large_.jpg
Slide the slider out from the back
tap_3__Large_.jpg
tap_4__Large_.jpg

As you can see, in normal operation the brass "peg" at the bottom of the handle goes through the hole A and fits into the slot C.

tap_5__Large_.jpg

Clean and re-lube with keg lube on the slider, reassemble.

Thanks for the info! The rings were just very stiff and didnt want to come off even with a pin wrench. Finally got it all apart and I have made a note to myself to not let them go for 10 months without cleaning, they were bloody foul!

Back