How Much Would You Pay For A Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimBob

Reaction score
Hi all - thought you may be interested in this...

View Article

I had to ask myself - how much would I be willing to pay for a bottle of beer (whilst sober :) )

Hi all - thought you may be interested in this...

View Article

I had to ask myself - how much would I be willing to pay for a bottle of beer (whilst sober :) )

Its all a bit of a wank thing IMHO. You got the bucks to waste, you buy a bottle to show the world you got it. I know wankers who buy Grange Hermitage at restaurants cos they can and want it known they can. You may as well serve them cheap plonk for all they know, its the image not the contents.

I paid $60 for a slab of James Squire Porter a couple of weeks ago as it was the only thing that wasn't swill in a small bottlo (and the only bottlo for 20 km). Tooheys Old was $45 a slab, so I thought, let's go the whole hog. It was good beer, way overpriced but at $2.50 a stubby, still cheap. The pub sold schooners of draught for $4.00, so I was ahead as far as I thought.

How much did punters pay for the Coopers Vintage that was released last year ? Certianly not $450 a bottle.

I know of a guy who bought a can of Duff for $50 a few years ago, and drank it. Hmmm.
But $450 for a stubby? No thanks.

I like the idea that beer can be put in the same basket as champagne or wine, and it's not just the commoners drink for pubs.

Absolute waste of money if you were going to drink it... but could be worth it to keep long term.

I've still got a full can of Duff! A bloke I know bought a whole slab, gave me one, and drank the rest! Full slabs were going for thousands...

I'm working my way thru slabs of the Coopers Vintage 1999 and 2000. I could sell them at a profit but prefer to drink them and share with mates.

Sound like my local in the pilbara here buys their brew from the same place. Stubbie of beer cost $8.50(TED) :angry:

I'll never pay $450 for a bottle of beer. I don't care how good it is. I agree with the wank value comment. People with more money than sense will probably buy it to show off, the Dom of the beer world.

Sounds like a big WANK to me.
I paid $80 for a case of Grolsch swing tops, but I wanted the swing tops and I forced to beer down :p .
But it would be rare for me to buy much beer these days unless to try a new style I have not had before.

Steve

yeah, if i did pay $450 for one bottle of beer, i'd want it to be *the* best, not probably the best...

At that price, i would rather buy a bottle of Utopias, a bottle of triple bock and a 6 pack each of 60, 90 and 120min IPA's! And probably still have enough left over for a 6 pack of this years Vintage Ale.
T.
EDIT Shoulda read the article first, I thought it was talking about an older version of Coopers Vintage Ale, after reading a remark above about the coopers. Still, I find it hard to justify that much money for a beer. Looks like Sam Adams has been walloped for most expensive beer in the world, and sadly, I will probably never get to try either beer to see if they are really worth the pricetag :(

Sod them, here was me thinking that Deux was stupidly priced. :p

Edit: meant Deus, brain needs booze

Yeah I've paid $55 for a bottle of deus but you have to try everything atleast once. I did see it for $95 at a restaurant the other week...no thanks.

edit:me fail english

At that price, i would rather buy a bottle of Utopias, a bottle of triple bock and a 6 pack each of 60, 90 and 120min IPA's! And probably still have enough left over for a 6 pack of this years Vintage Ale.

I was thinking of the mash tun I could buy to sit alongside my kettle.

$3.50 for a stubby of "Grand Ridge" any label but prefer the blue, otherwise go home and have a few homies :D
other than that, i keep short arms and long pockets!
Haysie

otherwise go home and have a few homies :D

like this? :lol: :lol:

homies_narrowweb__200x243.jpg

I'd love to have a taste,but at that price will stick with Belgian Beer,at least they can present a great product in a nice package.

375ml,please!

Latest posts

Back