How Do You Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18kg's to serve 5 kegs?? Wouldn't you fix the leak after the first bottle?

I get about 20+ kegs all forced carbed to my 6kg bottle.

I force carb the ross method way. And then just leave the beer in the keg, hook up and start serving when my other beer runs out. I turn my gas off after serving every night. I had a slow leak that i didnt find once, and i wasn't to excited of the idea of loosing all the gas. So this method works best for me.

i have noticed air and bubbles escaping from the lids seal, the black o ring looks new...i took the lid off and and put the lid back on and after shaking again i can hear it and see bubbels escaping...,...is this just because it hot water?

Just quickly, I have a keg with a dented top. the lid will leak if it is facing one way, but seals up great if i turn it 180 degrees,

Chances are that with some proper pressure the keg will seal, but if you have no luck, try reseating the lid.

Just a thought.

I have a dented lid to, once you pump it to 30 PSI, nothing is coming out.
However if it falls VERy low on pressure (Way below serving pressure) it tends to fall off.

The lids can/will leak if you don't put them on properly. IMO the proper way is to fit the lid without actually fixing it down, so it's sealed but not air tight. Turn the gas on and let the lid seal itself, then fix the little rubber feet doen to hold the lid in place. On a perfect system, you shouldn't even need the lid feet, the pressure from the co2 in the keg pushing the lid up is what seals it, not those stupid feet things. My 2c anyway

Turn the gas on and let the lid seal itself, then fix the little rubber feet doen to hold the lid in place.

Yep, I like to pull up on the lid clamp while adding pressure to the keg and give it a wiggle, and when it finds the sweet spot, I set the clamp down. I own some keg lube, and my kegs are dinged up like everyone else, but I have not used the keg lube yet.

Latest posts

Back