How do people fill their 19L Asahi commercial kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no issues with one way pet kegs being re purposed. I was referring to the opening post where the brewer had obtained 19L Ashai kegs. These are owned by the brewery & keeping them is theft, pure & simple

This is 100% correct. These are owned by Asahi Premium Beverages. Please contact me directly to arrange return of these kegs and to avoid legal action. [email protected]

I would also be interested to know which pub you are getting these from

Thanks in advance

This is 100% correct. These are owned by Asahi Premium Beverages. Please contact me directly to arrange return of these kegs and to avoid legal action. [email protected]

I would also be interested to know which pub you are getting these from

Thanks in advance
Sublama, I've been in the trade for years and the pickup of these kegs has been horrendous. Shangrila Sydney as example would ask every other brewery delivering to take them; they had piles and piles of them.

I have quite a few mates that work in/run bars in Melbourne and Sydney agree with the difficulty of getting rid of these kegs
Some people had stories of container loads of Asahi kegs eventually being amassed and despite constantly bugging Asahi, they couldn't get anyone to pick them up

I agree that there is a lot of room for improvement with keg pickups. We were previously reliant on a third party to collect these empty kegs and have recently taken this on as Asahi. It is a huge focus for us at the moment and it’s made difficult when we do go to collect kegs and there are none there to pick up. sp0rk, I would be interested to know which bars your friends own so I can follow up if you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Back