How Are Your New Years Resolutions Going?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axl

Reaction score
G'day fellow brewers.

My new years resolution was to lose some kilo's without depriving myself of my beer.

So far so good. I have already lost 2 kilos over ther past week (the time since I started) and have been enjoying my couple of beers a night.

My secret has been:
1. Stop eating so much crap
2. exercise for half an hour per day

Do these two things and you can still enjoy a couple of your favourite home brewed beverages per night.

My goal is to lose another 28kgs then I will re-asses.

Has anybody else had a NYR and followed through?, How are you going?

The only NYR I've ever managed to keep was the last one - quit making NYR's. :lol:

But Axl, that is not to disparage your weight loss goal. The half hour a day will go a long way to help.

Cheers,
Greg

Mine was to better manage fermentation and overall beer quality. Give the summer ale that's been sitting in secondary for around a month now, I'd say no.

Nice one Axl.

I too made a resolution like that. Lose 10-15kg. If I haven't got halfway by midyear the wife's confiscating the PS2 controls & games for me.
Joined up with some guys from work who head to a park near work 2-3 times a week for boxing/pushups & all-around punishment.
Came back from the first session covered in sweat and spent the weekend sore. Geez it felt good.

I didn't make a NYR to lose weight. That is just the plan. And I am going well so far. Just came back from an 8km run.

My NYR was to remember every night this year. Been having a few shockers of late and wanted to limit stupid behaviour, while still enjoying my beers. So far so good :D

Back