Horns Across the Nation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lukiferj said:
Still not sold on this. New vid anyway. How natty is Max's dread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVE2GFvQhyM
I seen an interview years ago when Soulfly toured Brisbane, it was from the cleaners who first entered Max's motel room to clean the next morning, he had literally shit, piss and spew all over the room, and the room smelt like rotting flesh. I wish I had the old link still, i've only just remember about it now after seeing your post.

Also, The little drummer boy from Marz Volta, damn he can play, still makes me laugh that Lars wanted them moved further down the line-up on the BDO shows in 2004??? because he never wanted to play straight after them and be shown up.

**** I met him the first time Soulfy came out. Still got a bunch of signed shit from then. Was so keen for sepultura to come out and was ******* shattered when they broke up as they were due to come. Must have been about 98ish I reckon.

I remember thinking in high school how much better sep was without max. Against is a ******* sick album. **** max.

I can hear it now, "blasphemer!!"

1383185575217.jpg

On the Mars Volta - amazing band. Seen them 4 or 5 times. Completely different experience each time. Saw with Pridgen twice, man that guy is a phenomenal drummer. And **** Lars, anyone on earth could play drums better than him.

Liam_snorkel said:
I remember thinking in high school how much better sep was without max. Against is a ******* sick album. **** max.

I can hear it now, "blasphemer!!"

1383185575217.jpg

On the Mars Volta - amazing band. Seen them 4 or 5 times. Completely different experience each time. Saw with Pridgen twice, man that guy is a phenomenal drummer. And **** Lars, anyone on earth could play drums better than him.
Please unfollow this thread. That is all.

Nah, Lars is ******* shit. Max's lyrics are unbearable. JUMPDAFUKUP what is that?

Liam_snorkel said:
Nah, Lars is ******* shit. Max's lyrics are unbearable. JUMPDAFUKUP what is that?
A good song to listen to before you hit th trqcks on your motoX bike, that's what I used it for :)

one of my favourite albums. Unnecessary remaster because the original sounds great, but this is next level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJ7zY9Ln3c

Liam_snorkel said:
one of my favourite albums. Unnecessary remaster because the original sounds great, but this is next level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJ7zY9Ln3c
Was actually listening to this today. Such a great band.

And yep, Maxs' lyrics are possibly up there with some of the worst.

Liam_snorkel said:
Oh come on now, To be fair, English isn't his first language. And writing fluent lyrics not his strong suit.. But shit like that does has a horrible nu metal / rap metal feel to it. **** I hate that shit.

OK, LETS MAKE SUM MOTHEFUKEN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSE!!!!!!!!!

Ugh..kill yourself.

And if you're gonna quit
I don't give a shit
What the ****, I'm a Mack truck
Are you gonna give up like a bitch
Or jump da **** up

So I went to see finntroll and it was ok apart from the ridiculous prosthetic ears everyone but the drummer was wearing.
However I would hope that a band that bases itself so heavily around folk music might consider having at least one type of folk instrument on stage during live sets. Even korpiklaani have a fiddle player. Trollish humpa metal played entirely by synth doesn't cut it.

I thought about going to that gig as I was into Finntroll a bit in high school but forgot about them at some point in the succeeding years, then saw the gig listing last week.

Korpiklaani and other folk metal bands are much better but none do exactly what Finntroll does.

Latest posts

Back