Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Placebos are the perfect medication for hypochondria, I hear.

Can you get Placebo eXtra strength or PlaceboMax...?

Ive heard the GMO Placebo's are potentially dangerous...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Can you get Placebo eXtra strength or PlaceboMax...?

Ive heard the GMO Placebo's are potentially dangerous...
Actually, you can....

There was some really interesting research done that showed a stronger placebo effect if the taker thought the placebo was more expensive than if they thought it was cheap. Tell them its a trial version of a $500/tablet drug and the effect is really strong. Tell them its a generic version of something you can buy over the counter for a few cents and the effect is lower.

The effect is also stronger if you tell them its "extra strength" or "premium" or words like that.

The brain is a weird thing.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
Actually, you can....

There was some really interesting research done that showed a stronger placebo effect if the taker thought the placebo was more expensive than if they thought it was cheap. Tell them its a trial version of a $500/tablet drug and the effect is really strong. Tell them its a generic version of something you can buy over the counter for a few cents and the effect is lower.

The effect is also stronger if you tell them its "extra strength" or "premium" or words like that.

The brain is a weird thing.

Cheers
Dave
And thus, multi level 'superfood' marketing was born.

Wheatgrass juice to go with those goji berries sir?

Im going to sell my rainwater for $2 for 330ml...

And tell them its naturally collected thru atmosperic condensation via a natural eco-freindly collection method.

And I have insomnia & some of the symptoms of sleep apnea as well. Guess I'll have to go back to several pale ales &/or IPA's to induce some sleep at my age...

Back