Hops For Lambic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trippers

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers, I am looking at brewing my first lambic and will post my proposed recipe at some stage for some feedback and a bit of guidance from those who have done a few. However i am trying to aquire some aged hops 2-3 years old(preferably english and low Alpha) which i can use. Does anyone have some old hops that have been forgotten up the back of the freezer who wants to get rid of them? Happy to pay for them if they meet my needs or exhange for a couple of bottles of the lambic. Or maybe I just need to put some out in the sun for a few weeks :D Im spewing.. i've thrown out old hops time and time again and never thought about it! cheers

I have some aged hops in my fridge you can have. been there for about 2 years (not vac packed just in a bag). Not sure where abouts in Melbourne you are but you are welcome to take them off my hands, maybe swap you for a bottle of your lambic in 2 years when its done lol?

actually it seems we may be closer than i thought, have sent you a PM with my phone number! haahaha

I have some aged hops in my fridge you can have. been there for about 2 years (not vac packed just in a bag). Not sure where abouts in Melbourne you are but you are welcome to take them off my hands, maybe swap you for a bottle of your lambic in 2 years when its done lol?

actually it seems we may be closer than i thought, have sent you a PM with my phone number! haahaha

Thanks mate, where are abouts are you situated? What a champion ;)

Other options:

Ross from Craftbrewer hooked me up with some aged Alassa hops a few years back. They were nicely aged! You could give him a call to see if he has any left (not something he has on the website as I understand).

Also you can just age your own by using an oven, or place in a paper bag and put in your roof space. The latter can take a while though. Pretty sure there are some threads on here using an oven to age hops.

Latest posts

Back