Hops For A Few Styles Of Beer, N Stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used the tin of lager that came with the kit and Boags looks like a good candidate.
Since you've already got then, obviously, it is probably best to use it. You're on the money with it being better for the Boags-style beer than the Corona. Get some hops into it and keep your ferment temps at the low end for whatever yeast you use and it may turn out a reasonable approximation (although, as already mentioned, these styles are pretty hard to nail so don't expect to fool people in an A/B comparison straight away).

Yeah I'm not after exacts, just something of a similar style would be tops. I know I'll need to go to grains and that but for now I'm content to brew KnK style as long as it tastes alright.
The blondes I did for my first brew were pretty good after 8 weeks or so and that was just the tin and BE2 box.

The blondes I did for my first brew were pretty good after 8 weeks or so and that was just the tin and BE2 box.
If you've got simple brews like that turning out well then it sounds like you've got everything under control - I'm sure you'll do great adding extras like hops and spec grains.

Yeah can only hope. Been looking thru the Kegging setups thread :/ bad idea haha.

Back