hope it taste good.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerva

Reaction score
hi there i be doing some brewing in few days and the items im gonna use for the beer are.
yes its a CraigTube Porter that im doing but im hoping if any of yous have done it at all?

1.5kg LLME
1can coopers bitter.
500g LDME
500g crystal 60L
230g chocolate malt
28g fuggles hops
worlfock tablet or irish moss for clearing.
windsor english style yeast.

So it says to let ferment for 2 weeks and age in bottles for a month Min...

i found this online and wonder what it will taste like as i am aiming for better beers.

Cheers, P.S. will let your know how it went.

Hope it turns out for you mate. Haha good old craigtube. Don't mind watching his vids but I reckon he would enjoy cat piss if it had alcohol in it. He looks like he could almost do his load every time he has a swig of any grog. But this one seems pretty popular with his viewers so you may be on a winner.

Cheers.

wereprawn said:
Hope it turns out for you mate. Haha good old craigtube. Don't mind watching his vids but I reckon he would enjoy cat piss if it had alcohol in it. He looks like he could almost do his load every time he has a swig of any grog. But this one seems pretty popular with his viewers so you may be on a winner.

Cheers.
yer it smelled alright but for some reasons after 2 days it stopped fermenting!!

cos there was no co2 smell and all the yeast fell to the bottom of the fermenter

usely i see all the yeast still moving inside it and that. but when i see it working there is always a layer of foam on top and bits inside moving around...

2 days seems quick. try taking a gravity reading to see if it has finished .You can download brewmate online for free. Put your recipe in and it will give you a rough idea of where your final gravity should be.

Yep, check your gravity. If its below 1.015 its probably fermented out.

then again, your recipe seems pretty big. With that can of coopers your SG would have been high 1.060 or so. I don't know if this could have affected your yeast in any way.
What was the temp of the wort when you added the yeast?

Joe Mc said:
then again, your recipe seems pretty big. With that can of coopers your SG would have been high 1.060 or so. I don't know if this could have affected your yeast in any way.
What was the temp of the wort when you added the yeast?
i pinch it about 28 degrees and over night it drops cos i have the back door n window open for cool air..

the only only only only only only only way to tell if your beer has finished fermenting is by checking its gravity. don't rely on anything else. do a check with your hydrometer because yeast are tricky buggers. nothing else matters. if the reading is the same over 3 days, it's finished.

fletcher said:
the only only only only only only only way to tell if your beer has finished fermenting is by checking its gravity. don't rely on anything else. do a check with your hydrometer because yeast are tricky buggers. nothing else matters. if the reading is the same over 3 days, it's finished.
But it cant be done in 2 days after pinching the yeast.. cos i saw alot of the stuff full to the bottom of the fermenter.

Go with what Fletcher recommended ,yeast are tricky buggers and can remain in suspension, ie floating around,and when you bottle become bottle bombs.
Leaving the brew a few more days and checking the gravity readings until stabilised will not harm it.

Pitching a yeast and seemingly have a brew completed in a couple of days is not unusual.
The emphasis is on " seemingly".
Just because you think it's done doesn't men it is,check,check and check again.
Cheers...spog...

Gerva said:
But it cant be done in 2 days after pinching the yeast.. cos i saw alot of the stuff full to the bottom of the fermenter.
pay attention to the numbers, not what can be seen or not seen. as stated, yeast can be tricky and gravity readings are your friend. relying on anything else will result in bad experiences down the track. your hydrometer is your best mate :)

Back