• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Murcluf for getting me started :)

I look forward to helping out those who want to get started in year or so's time when I have rhizomes to give away to newbies like me or swap with other growers.

Hope you got my short guide to chilli powder, I am *almost* done on the longer guide, just keep getting sidetracked.

Cheers
Rendo

FYI: I'm all swapped out now just waiting for some returns, I'd like to thank those who swapped with me it was a great exercise. Wish all those still going the best would love to see more come on board as time goes by. No doubt if we can keep this going we will be able to get a good diverse range of hops spread around the country and make hop growing more accessible to the homebrewer. rather the few who perfer to try and corner the market and scalp them at outrageous prices.

I look forward to participating in this in a year or two. (I currently have no hops growing!)
Have there been much swapping of hops or just swapping of lists ?? , because I think this is a great idea and hope it works as well as it sounds!

If anyone is willing to sell any of the following rhizomes, please PM (Message) me with some information:

Cascade or basically any American Style hops.

Thanks heaps.

P.S Is Galaxy, Simcoe and Nelson Sauvin privately owned hops because I never see them on any for sale lists?
I know Nelson is a fairly new breed so that may also explain why it hasn't reached the home growers yet...

pretty sure all three are proprietary and not allowed to be grown privately.

def galaxy is, ive read simcoe is and i would expect NS to be too.

ive got nothing to swap, but looking to get some hop bines growing this spring. If anybody has any left over after their swaps ill be happy to take them off their hands. Happy to pay.

I am going to use them for privacy screening too.. Would it be pretty straight forward to get them trained to a criscross of wires to fill out a wall of hops for screening? Also should i expect full growth the first year?

I'm also interested in people wanting to swap their hops for my cash

PM me if you are interested - I have POR and Chinook already - so would be interested in anything else.

I checked the few remaining non-refrigerated hop rhizomes today and it seems they think its almost spring and are just starting to shoot, so this will be the last chance for me to swap rhizomes this year.
What I have left is a good sized Chinook and 2 smaller Mt Hoot rhizomes.
What I don't have, and would like to swap for are any of the following: Hersbrucker, Wuertumberger, Tardiff de bourgogne, Northdown, Super Alpha, Millenium.

Did you get your tettnang mate? If you did, I might leave mine where they are for another year.

BYB gave me a large Mt Hood rhizome he ripped out of the ground last week.

I am just advising here on this thread if anyone wants a piece of it, drop me a PM.

Not looking for money or a swap, but if you want a piece of this plant am happy to post it - preference would be a self addressed stamped satchel ready to go. So I can simply pop a rhizome in the bag and post it back.

Anyway, let me know.

I would estimate broken up this rhizome would have around 6 or so good pieces.

(I have too many other hops as it is - and all my pots are full!)

Cheers!

but if you want a piece of this plant am happy to post it - preference would be a self addressed stamped satchel ready to go. So I can simply pop a rhizome in the bag and post it back.

Raven = Champion! Can't get any easier (for the reciever) than that. :super:

There is a stooge side of me that thinks hop plants for free is brilliant.
Hop swap = share the goodness. I woulda said share the love but did not for obvious reasons!
I bought some off Ebay and hope to play this game next year (if all goes well).
I have mine in the fridge atm and it looks like they are trying to take off already, will have to plant out very soon.

Glad this excerise worked out well for most, got some awsome chilli powder from rendo which goes into nearly everything these days. Also made some good swaps aswell off of AHB. Unfortunately mercle received the rhizomes I sent him but I have seen the ones he was to send me in return and he doesn't even answer my PM's which a shame as this whole execise was built on trust and goodwill.

Mercle if your out there feel free to bring me up to speed with what going on and if I'm ever going to see these rhizome you were going to send me???

Hi Murcluf,

I am so happy to hear the chilli powder was well received. It was very generous of you to send me the rhizomes even though I didnt have anything to offer in return (until I discovered you like chilli powder :) ...which as stated I do make....see linky here )

I will take a picture of the hops mate, they are starting to take off. The POR is going gangbusters and the small chinook looks like its very healthy....am very excited about spring/summer, watching these vines take over my back fence and produce some yummmmmmmy hops.

Thanks again and I hope things work out with Mercle. I will be passing on the kindness you gave me to a new wanna-be hop grower one day who has nothing to swap but would love some rhizomes just to get started. What goes around comes around........Mercle!

Rendo

Glad this excerise worked out well for most, got some awsome chilli powder from rendo which goes into nearly everything these days. Also made some good swaps aswell off of AHB. Unfortunately mercle received the rhizomes I sent him but I have seen the ones he was to send me in return and he doesn't even answer my PM's which a shame as this whole execise was built on trust and goodwill.

Mercle if your out there feel free to bring me up to speed with what going on and if I'm ever going to see these rhizome you were going to send me???

Only just discovered this thread.

If anyone is interested in Columbus, Chinook or Pride of Ringwood, I have an abundance of rhizomes. Will swap for any other varietal.

Mate I have a perle if you would like it, I wouldn't mind a POR

Cheers steve

Mate I have a perle if you would like it, I wouldn't mind a POR

Cheers steve

You home this afternoon? Going to the Panthers game, so I could head up the mountains on the way.

PM me and we'll sort something out.

Hey Murcluf,

If you dont get any joy from Mercle I have a small but healthy Cascade that you could have . you need to PM me soon as it's starting to grow.

MB

Back