Hop Shortage Now A Hop Glut

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Bribie I think you've got that slightly wrong. It's not straight up pommy style rhyming slang.

Seppo is short for Septic Tank Yank, which was made because of the inference that Americans are 'full of shit', just like septic tanks'. The fact that tank and yank rhyme just makes the whole thing neater.

The 'full of shit' part is the reason why the term was created.

Don't agree, Septic Tank rhymes with Yank

Dead Horse, Tomato sauce

Know your Aussie slang

Batz

No way !
I don't believe farmers would tear up there hops if prices fell. All farmers experience drops in their crop prices be it hops, wheat, fruits or whatever. Some farmers will make a break and plant something else, the others will do better because of this. To say NZ would not have a hop business because prices fall is B.S.
Farming is a way of life it has it ups and downs, anyone what some Paw Paws ?

Batz

To get back on topic... (why is every thread heading to shite these days :( )

Believe what you like - but growing them is only part of the process & NZ hops was on the brink of calling it a day.

Cheers Ross

To get back on topic... (why is every thread heading to shite these days :( )

Believe what you like - but growing them is only part of the process & NZ hops was on the brink of calling it a day.

Cheers Ross

Topic is "Hop Shortage Now A Hop Glut"

Sounds on topic to me, yes growing is only pat of the process, perhaps the processors should sell all their equipment after one bad year. China may be interested.
I hope our Aussie producers can hold out longer before chucking the towel in.

Batz

Doh!

Stuffed up again Ross !

Must have been looking at you quote. Or swimming in your moat

Batz

Latest posts

Back