• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizome

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JiaNugget

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone? Anything?

Amarillo, Cascade, Hallertau, Saaz, Tettnanger prefered.

To Nth QLD if anyone has anything.. Nothing on Ebay and have contacted Grumpy's supplier..

i would of thought it is a bit late for rhizomes

Find a mate with a healthy plot and cultivate a small cutting.
Cascade & Hallertau should be obtainable.

No Amarillo in Australia. Closest you'll get is Cascade.

To my knowledge no Saaz growing in Oz in the true Czech style - closest you get is New Zealand Saaz (or Summer Saaz from Tassie), and to my knowledge no one's sharing the love on spreading these rhizomes around for backyard crops.

Quarrantine is a bugga. Wish we could have all these good ones in Oz. Maybe in a couple of years when someone finally gets a permit to export.

No one will have true rhizomes now - too darn hot - would have to hassle someone for a cutting/seedling from an established vine. A couple of dudes are doing these on the "Hop Plantations 2008" thread.

Otherwise sadly, methinks you might be waiting till after March harvest when the critters go dormant and someone can get a spade out and shovel you out one. Everything comes on tap in terms of rhizomes come july/august/september.

Hopper.

Mine were going well and then all of a sudden DEAD!!!

Now I'll have to wait till next season

Cheers for the advise guys, guess i'll wait till the season hits..

Cheers.......Nugget

Growing hops in Townsville???
Not unless you use artificial lighting.

Latest posts

Back